Be awesome online and in real life.
The Digital Civility Challenge
The Council for Digital Good
Protect what's important to you
- Could this hurt others?
- Would I share this with my parents?
- Could this endanger opportunities for my future?
What potential online risk concerns you the most?
- 28% Financial loss
- 08% Loss of job due to tarnished online reputation
- 10% Online information damaging relationships with family/friends
- 06% Being bullied or harassed online
- 12% Loss of personal privacy
- 09% Poor performance of computer
- 06% Data loss
- 17% Finding spyware, adware, or other tracking software on my devices
- 05% I do not have concerns about going online
What is the greatest benefit the Internet has brought to your life?
- 40% Learning
- 16% Socializing
- 14% Exploring
- 07% Conducting business
- 14% Entertainment
- 09% Other
Did you know?
Estimated time lost while repairing damage to online personal reputations in 2013
Estimated amount lost worldwide due to damaged professional reputations
Less than 20%
Percentage of respondents who have taken active steps to edit or remove online information that might impact their reputations
Percentage of those surveyed who take time to protect their reputations online
Estimated worldwide financial losses while repairing online damage to personal reputations in 2013