Supporting the growth of Hispanic and Latinx communities and encouraging the pursuit of a tech career.
HOLA at Microsoft scholarship
This year, HOLA Scholarship will award five scholarships totaling US $55,000:
- Two (2) $20,000 scholarships distributed over 4 years($5,000 per year, renewable)
- Three (3) $5,000 one-time scholarships
To be considered for a HOLA Scholarship, you must:
- Be a US-based high school senior of Hispanic and Latinx descent (for example, Mexican American, Cuban American, Brazilian, etc) of an accredited organization.
- Plan to attend a two or four-year college or university in the US.
- Plan to pursue an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, marketing, or have a declared major.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a passion for helping your community within your school, neighborhood, family or an organization.
- Demonstrate leadership at a school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
- U.S. citizen, permanent legal resident, or DACA.
How to apply
The HOLA Scholarship will begin accepting applications on January 23, 2023. To apply for a HOLA Scholarship, submit your application online by March 15, 2023 via the Scholarship America Hub.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to submit the following:
- High school transcript.
- One letter of recommendation.
- One 1500-character essay describing how you plan to engage in the technology industry.
- Extracurricular activities including school, community, and work-related activities.
If you have any questions, you can reach out via email at HOLAscholarship@microsoft.com.
Please note, emailed or mailed scholarship applications will not be accepted.
Microsoft HOLA scholarships are funded and administered by Microsoft and cover up to 100 percent of recipients' tuition costs. HOLA Scholarships are funded and administered by members of the HOLA (Hispanic/Latinx Employees at Microsoft) organization and are renewable 1-time awards of US $5,000. Only high-school seniors are eligible to apply for a HOLA Scholarship; scholarship recipients can apply to renew their scholarships for up to four years. Only students who are currently enrolled in a four-year college or university are eligible to apply for Microsoft College Scholarships.
No. The HOLA Scholarship is open to high school seniors only; however, scholarship winners can apply to renew their scholarships for up to four years.
Yes. Scholarship applicants must be planning to pursue a bachelor's degree, but students who plan to begin their degree program at a two-year college are welcome to apply.
No, any high school student who meets the criteria listed above is encouraged to apply.
Yes. Only applicants who plan to attend a school based in the USA will be considered for this scholarship.
Official transcripts are preferred. However, if you cannot obtain an official transcript from your school, unofficial transcripts can be submitted with your application. If your application is successful, you will be asked to send an official transcript before the scholarship payment is made.
No. Only recipients of HOLA Scholarships are automatically considered for internships. If you are interested in applying, you can find more information here: Microsoft Internships
Yes, you can take advantage of Microsoft’s student certification offer. Eligible students can take up to eight Fundamental certification exams for free through June 2023.