an app for Android and iOS
Download from:Search and transport yourself into fun and inspirational scenes.
Search and transport yourself into fun, inspirational scenes. Just take a selfie, choose a scene from your camera roll or the web, and swipe through your results. It’s easy with the power of search and the intelligent face tech.
- See yourself with a new hairstyle
- Try on different fashions
- Pop yourself into trending scenes
- Swap multiple faces on a group photo
- Put your friend’s face onto some funny pictures
- You can swap any face into any picture.
Choose a picture:
- Pick an image with faces from your camera roll
- Search for an image from internet right inside the app
- Choose a scene from one of our fun categories
Choose a face to swap:
- Take a great selfie with our special face swap camera with real time hints and instructions
- Pick an image from your camera roll
- Search for a face on the web
Using a sophisticated face swap engine:
- Match skin tone (or any tone — try a stone statue!)
- Automatically find faces in images and place your swap
- Match lighting conditions
- Match head turns and tilts
- Process and place multiple faces in a single scene
Meet the team
"The power of Bing search and our intelligent face swapping tech makes every swipe a delight."
Front-row, left-right: Vishwajit Kolathur, Reynard Le, Saad Khan; Middle-row: Shailendra Gupta, Phil Rogan, Chris Zorn, Danny Farmer, Jeff Yin, Vishnu Navda; Back–row: Vageesh Chandramouli, Darshan M; Not Pictured: Katie Elfering
Giggles. Chuckles. Some just burst out laughing. These reactions are common to every user test we performed during the production of Face Swap, a mobile app available for Android and iOS. Face Swap began as an exploration of facial recognition technology developed by Microsoft Research. When we applied this technology to merge one face onto another, the results were compelling. Face swapping is not a new idea, but we bring surprise and delight with automatic face swap technology and powerful Bing image search. Once you start searching and face swapping, you won’t want to stop.
Face Swap was developed from conception to app store over 5 months by the small incubation team within the Bing organization. The engineering team included developers in remote locations, allowing us to work around the clock and iterate rapidly on the product. We employed continuous user research studies with external participants, which helped us build a product that is easy and intuitive to use. We look forward to users’ feedback from our launch and we plan to actively respond to them and add several new features in the coming months.