Next Lock Screen
an app for Android
Download from:See your calendar, missed calls, email or connect to a conference call in a single tap without unlocking your phone.
Next Lock Screen is the ultimate lock screen for busy professionals. Next helps protect your phone from unwanted access by others, and you are instantly more productive. It is an excellent productivity locker app and companion for your everyday life. Perform the following functions, directly on your lock screen:
- Custom unlock: protect your phone with a PIN or pattern code
- Notifications: view missed calls, text messages, and message notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail and WhatsApp.
- Apps: launch your favorite apps with our built-in app launcher.
- Tools: quick access to the Camera, Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and more.
- Weather: check the local weather with automatic updates.
- Calendar: view your upcoming events, complete with time and location. Receive summaries on the meetings you have for today and tomorrow.
- Music Player: control your favorite songs and playlists. Next supports the most popular music apps such as Spotify, Audible and Pandora.
- Wallpapers: choose your own image or from our gallery of photos. Select the Bing Wallpaper of the day to receive a beautiful new image on your screen every day.
Next Lock Screen is available worldwide and supports the English, Spanish, and Chinese languages.
Meet the team
"We've been relentless in our commitment to acting on feedback from users."
My Life & Work team
Beijing, China and Bellevue, WA
Next Lock Screen is a time-saving lock screen app for Android, designed to minimize the number of times users need to unlock their phone to get to what’s next. “On average, a mobile device is unlocked 120 times a day. How many of those times are users simply unlocking their phone to check a new notification, find the room of their next meeting, or scan for new emails? We built Next Lock Screen as a solution to put what’s important to you right on the lock screen itself.” said Lawrence Ripsher, General Manager of Next Lock Screen. Since launching in October 2014, the Next Lock Screen team has prided itself on being customer-obsessed. “We’ve been relentless in our commitment to acting on feedback from users and we’re excited to deliver on a few fan favorites in our latest update.” said Ripsher.
Email and all notification integrations are two of the team’s most popular requests in their UserVoice community forum and are a substantial component of the Next Lock Screen 2.3 update. “But we wanted to do more than just surface notifications on the lock screen. Most lock screen experiences available in the market today will show the most recent notifications to users, something that can result in a lot of unwanted interruptions throughout your day. Next Lock Screen helps users cut through the noise by prioritizing notifications.”
In Next Lock Screen 2.3, the intelligent notifications center will rank upcoming events, emails, and other messaging apps higher, while deferring push notifications that may be less important to an “Other” section out of the way. As Next Lock Screen evolves, the team hopes to continue to provide Android users with alternatives to the default lock screen experience. Ripsher and team are optimistic about continuing to listen to customers as they improve the app. “Next Lock Screen 2.3 is an exciting milestone in our journey to help Android users make the most of their lock screen and be productive from the moment they turn on their phone.”