When you run a business, your “office hours” run around the clock. Keeping busy is often a good problem, but it can also cause you to have tunnel vision and fail to see how new ways of doing things can save you time and money.
Cloud email hosting is an excellent example of how businesses of all sizes can benefit from the latest technology. Although cloud-based email services have been available for several years, a 2018 CompTIA study revealed that 45% of small and medium-sized businesses are using cloud email hosting services, and 28% of them are using email in a SaaS (Software as a Service) application. This means that nearly 30% of companies aren’t taking advantage of what cloud email services can do for them.
What is cloud email?
Cloud email offers you robust email tools and gives you access to them over the internet. With cloud-based email hosting, a vendor serves your email client and represents like any other cloud-based service you already use. Think of a movie-streaming service you pay for but instead designed to help you communicate and run your business.
In addition to providing you with the tools you need to receive, send, and store email messages, the vendor also provides the necessary security, technology, and maintenance. You simply use their service to host your email solution.
Top five reasons to use cloud email services
Here are some of the top reasons to choose cloud-based email services rather than a traditional on-premises email server.
- Convenience: Cloud-base email hosting gives you access to your messages via any connected device. As long as you have internet access and a connected device, you can take care of business.
- Cost: An in-house email server might seem like a cost-effective way to get the services you need, but when you take a step back, you’ll realize just how expensive it can be. Not only do you have to account for the cost of the server itself, but you’ll also have to purchase an operating system and email platform, as well as the rack, and pay for the electricity, cooling, and staff to support it.
- Up-to-date security: Most large email providers have made cloud computing security their number one priority. With the most modern tools available, a team of security experts and far-reaching protocols in place to protect their clients, you’re likely far more protected with a cloud-based email hosting service than you would be if you had to rely on one of your staffers to keep your email server up to date.
- Scalability: When your company begins growing fast, a cloud email service means you won’t have to worry about scaling your data center appropriately. All of the onus will be on your provider. That gives your team more time to focus on maintaining quality during your growth spurt.
- Easier disaster recovery: If your email server becomes infected with a virus or dies outright, recovering lost data can be difficult. Sometimes, it’s impossible to recover. An email cloud platform has redundancy built-in. That means you can recover your messages, contacts and any data stored within your email system quickly and easily.
Cloud email = more time to focus on what matters
You and everybody in your business are already busy enough. You don’t need to manage an email server any longer. Today’s cloud-based hosting solutions will help you save money, boost your security and free up more time for you to focus on what matters to your business the most.