Report an issue and submission guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
- Type of issue (buffer overflow, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, etc.)
- Product and version that contains the bug, or URL if for an online service
- Service packs, security updates, or other updates for the product you have installed
- Any special configuration required to reproduce the issue
- Step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue on a fresh install
- Proof-of-concept or exploit code
- Impact of the issue, including how an attacker could exploit the issue
- Triage your report and determine if we should open a case for a more in-depth investigation.
- Investigate and take action according to our published servicing criteria.
- Publicly acknowledge your contribution to protecting the ecosystem when we release a fix.
Please submit your thoughts at Contact Us: Questions About Microsoft Products.