It finally happened. The robots took our jobs. But for every hundred robots cheerily folding laundry or serving meals, there were a handful of misfits. And among those outcasts and defects, an even smaller handful grew and evolved into something twisted, dark, and mildly ridiculous. Battle waves of self-styled hyper-intelligent killer robots in _System Fault_, a tactical, audio-only shoot 'em up inspired by _Berzerk_. Explore their warrens, learn their secrets, and help rid the world of the robot scourge. This game is currently in early access. Expect bugs. Note: This game is not compatible with Windows 10 S.
What's new in this version
* Upgrade game engine and related plugins. * Fixed many visibility and exploration mode inconsistencies. * Added adrenaline. Multiple robot kills within the bonus window heal 1 point of health. The number required per healed health point increases until the bonus window resets. * Sounds behind walls but in directly connected rooms have less gain applied when occluded. * You can now look (I.e. hear room descriptions) in exploration mode. * You can now exit exploration mode with Escape, or B/Circle on gamepads. * Fixed UI focus issues in card menu. * Card games are no longer available in the demo.
- Fight through infinite, expanding mazes of enemy robots and turrets.
- Play the way that suits you best. Advance stealthily and strategically, or blaze a trail with explosive results.
- Enjoy a dynamic, cinematic soundtrack that changes based on dramatic tension.
- Use powerups to sneak, fight remotely, or draw enemies into traps.
- Experience immersive, binaural environmental audio. Headphones are strongly recommended.