It finally happened. The robots took our jobs. But for every hundred robots cheerily folding laundry or serving meals, there were a handful of misfits. And among those outcasts and defects, an even smaller handful grew and evolved into something twisted, dark, and mildly ridiculous. Battle waves of self-styled hyper-intelligent killer robots in _System Fault_, a tactical, audio-only shoot 'em up inspired by _Berzerk_. Explore their warrens, learn their secrets, and help rid the world of the robot scourge. This game is currently in early access. Expect bugs. Note: This game is not compatible with Windows 10 S.
What's new in this version
* Alert levels ramp up more slowly, making individual battles smaller and more spaced out. * Shrank robot hitboxes. * Doubled damage capacity for jackasses and badasses. * Fixed various calculations for areas of effect. * Replaced shockwave system with more robust explosion system. * Attempt to calculate correct path through level more quickly, resulting in quicker notification of correct path. * Tag next 2 exits on correct path. * Reduced deadzone for gamepad actions, allowing for more precise movement and turns. * Bunches of updates for sound levels and rolloff values. * Various fixes to physics and visibility. * Don't open a terminal window briefly on startup under Windows.
- Fight through infinite, expanding mazes of enemy robots and turrets.
- Play the way that suits you best. Advance stealthily and strategically, or blaze a trail with explosive results.
- Enjoy a dynamic, cinematic soundtrack that changes based on dramatic tension.
- Use powerups to sneak, fight remotely, or draw enemies into traps.
- Experience immersive, binaural environmental audio. Headphones are strongly recommended.