System Center Server
Showing terms for the Enterprise/Enterprise Subscription/Server and Cloud Enrollments (EA/EAS/SCE) program. Not all terms apply to all products and programs. Get help selecting a program.
|Product||EA/EAS||Date Available||Program Attribute|
|System Center 2019 Datacenter Server Management License (16-packs of Core Licenses)||3/19||Additional Product|
|System Center 2019 Datacenter Server Management License (2-packs of Core Licenses)||3/19||Additional Product|
|System Center 2019 Standard Server Management License (16-packs of Core Licenses)||3/19||Additional Product|
|System Center 2019 Standard Server Management License (2-packs of Core Licenses)||3/19||Additional Product|
Provides additional information related to acquiring the Product, such as prerequisites for purchase, prior versions, and the applicable Product Pool.
|Product Conditions - Program Specific|
|Qualified User Exemption||None|
Identifies the License Terms for each Software Product, including the Universal License Terms, the applicable License Model, and any Product-Specific License Terms. References in Customer’s volume licensing agreement to “Use Rights” refer to the terms included in the Use Rights section of each Software Product Entry.
|License Terms||Universal License Terms for all Software|
|External User Access Requirements||None|
|Included Technologies||SQL Server Technology, Windows Software Components|
|Notices||Internet-based Features, Bing Maps - refer to Notices|
System Center Endpoint Protection Use with Azure Security Center or Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Customer may use System Center Endpoint Protection to manage Virtual OSEs it is protecting using the Standard tier of Azure Security Center or Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. The System Center License Terms, as amended here, govern that use. Managed Virtual OSEs can be running on shared or dedicated Servers. Customer is not required to acquire and assign System Center Licenses for this limited use.
SQL Server Technology
Customer may run any number of Instances of any SQL Server database software included in the Product in one OSE on a Server dedicated to Customer’s use for the limited purpose of supporting that Product and any other Product that includes SQL Server database software. Dedicated Servers that are under the management or control of an entity other than Customer or one of its Affiliates are subject to the Outsourcing Software Management clause.
Windows Server Containers
The Management License version, not the version of software used, determines the version of applicable License Terms (including use under downgrade rights notwithstanding terms to the contrary).
Server Management Licenses (per core)
- Customer may use the software on Azure or any Server dedicated to its use* to Manage OSEs on a Licensed Server, provided it acquires sufficient Server Licenses as described below.
- The number of Licenses required equals the number of Physical Cores on the Licensed Server, subject to a minimum of 8 Licenses per Physical Processor and a minimum of 16 Licenses per Server.
- Datacenter edition permits use of the server software to Manage any number of OSEs on the Licensed Server.
- Standard edition:
- Standard edition permits use of the software to Manage up to two OSEs on the Licensed Server.
- Standard edition permits Management of the Physical OSE on the Licensed Server (in addition to two Virtual OSEs), if the Physical OSE is used solely to host and Manage Virtual OSEs.
- Customer may assign additional Standard edition Licenses to the Licensed Server equal to the number specified in 2 above and Manage two additional OSEs.
- OSEs running Server operating systems require Server Management Licenses.
Client Management Licenses (per OSE or user)
- Customer may use the software on Azure or any Server dedicated to its use* to Manage an OSE on a Licensed Device or OSEs on devices used by a Licensed User for each Client Management License it acquires.
- OSEs running operating systems other than Server operating systems require Client Management Licenses or Management License Equivalent Licenses.
- The number of Client Management Licenses required depends on License type (per OSE or user) assigned.
- Management of an OSE accessed by more than one user requires an OSE Client Management License or a User Client Management License for each user.
Management Licenses are not required for:
- OSEs in which there are no Running Instances of software;
- Any of Customer’s network infrastructure devices functioning solely for the purpose of transmitting network data and not running Windows Server software;
- Conversion of OSEs from Physical to Virtual; or
- Any device solely monitored or managed for the status of its hardware components with respect to system temperature, fan speed, power on/off, system reset or CPU availability.
Customer may not copy or distribute any data set (or any portion of a data set) included in the software.
Identifies terms and conditions associated with Software Assurance coverage. For details on purchasing Software Assurance and general Software Assurance Benefits, also refer to Software Assurance Benefits.
|Disaster Recovery||All editions|
|License Mobility||All editions (License Mobility through SA only)|
|Migration Rights||Product List - October 2013, Product Terms - October 2016, and December 2016|
|Self Hosting||All editions|
|SA Equivalent Rights||None|
|Prerequisite (SA)||See Software Assurance Benefits|