Designed to provide high school girls with a better understanding of what a career in technology
About DigiGirlz Day
During the event, students interact with Microsoft employees and managers to gain exposure to careers in business and technology and to get an inside look at what it's like to work at Microsoft. This exciting event provides girls with career planning assistance, information about technology and business roles, thought-provoking exercises, and interesting Microsoft product demonstrations. By participating in the Microsoft DigiGirlz Day, young women can find out about the variety of opportunities available in the high-tech industry and can explore future career paths.
2015 Microsoft DigiGirlz Day Locations and DatesBelow is the list of DigiGirlz Days planned for 2015. Please check back often for updates to this list.
- United States LocationsDateRegistration and Contact Information
- Tampa, FLFebruary 12, 2015Event complete
- Alpharetta, GAFebruary 13, 2015Event complete
- Oakbrook, ILFebruary 16, 2015Event complete
- Indianapolis, INFebruary 20, 2015Event complete
- Franklin, TNFebruary 28, 2015Event complete
- New York, NYMarch 4, 2015Event complete
- Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2015Event complete
- Cambridge, MAMarch 6, 2015Event complete
- Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2015Event complete
- Overland Park, KSMarch 10, 2015Event complete
- New Castle, DelawareMarch 12, 2015Event complete
- New Haven, ConnecticutApril 14, 2015Event complete
- Lone Tree, COApril 15, 2015Event complete
- Portland, ORApril 17, 2015Event complete
- Wise, VAApril 21, 2015Event complete
- Albuquerque, NMApril 29, 2015Event complete
- Edina, MNApril 30, 2015Event complete
- Kingsport, TennesseeMay 1, 2015Event complete
- Houston, TexasMay 1, 2015Event complete
- Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2015Event complete
- Washington, DC (this event is for 6th – 8th graders)May 21, 2015Event complete
- Irvine, CAJuly 10, 2015Event complete
- Powhatan, VASeptember 19, 2015Event complete
- Sacramento, CADate rescheduled – updates soonRegistration full
- Des Moines, IANovember 10, 2015
- Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2015
- International LocationsDateRegistration and Contact Information
- Kenitra, MoroccoJanuary 21, 2015Event complete
- Johannesburg, South AfricaFebruary 27, 2015Event complete
- Sydney, AustraliaMarch 4, 2015Event complete
- Hyderabad, IndiaMarch 12, 2015Event complete
- Paris, FranceMarch 17, 2015Event complete
- Ensenada, MexicoMarch 21, 2015Event complete
- North West, South AfricaMarch 27, 2015Event complete
- Istanbul, TurkeyApril 6, 2015Event complete
- Jeddah Saudi ArabiaApril 8, 2015Event complete
- Winnipeg, ManitobaApril 15, 2015Event complete
- Panama, PanamaApril 21, 2015Event complete
- Munich, Cologne, Hambourg, Berlin, GermanyApril 23, 2015Event complete
- Mississauga, OntarioApril 24, 2015Event complete
- Lima, PerúApril 24, 2015Event complete
- Limpopo, South AfricaApril 24, 2015Event complete
- Guatemala City, GuatemalaApril 24, 2015Event complete
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and TobagoMay 7, 2015Event complete
- Vancouver, British ColumbiaMay 13, 2015Event complete
- Mpumalanga, South AfricaMay 29, 2015Event full
- Beijing, ChinaJuly 15, 2015Event complete
- Shanghai, ChinaAugust 21, 2015Event complete
- Western Cape, South AfricaAugust 28, 2015Event complete
- Cornwall, EnglandSeptember 10, 2015Event complete
- Widhoek , NamibiaSeptember 22, 2015Event full
- Kwazulu Natal, South AfricaSeptember 25, 2015Event full
- Dominican RepublicOctober 29, 2015Event full
- Bloemfontein, South AfricaOctober 30, 2015Event full
- Eastern Cape, South AfricaNovember 27, 2015Event full
- Reading, UKNovember 27, 2015Event full
- CairoDecember 19, 2015
- DigiGirlz Day F.A.Q.
- Q. How do girls register to attend a DigiGirlz Day?A.Microsoft accepts high school girls on a first-come, first-served basis. High schools can request to register girls for a DigiGirlz Day in their city by using the contact or registration information provided next to the city name in the list on this page. For general questions, contact email@example.comAn individual girl who is currently in high school is welcome to register for a DigiGirlz Day in her area by using the contact information provided in the list on this page or by sending an e-mail message with her name, her city and state, and the name of her high school to firstname.lastname@example.orgRelease Forms. All students and parent/legal guardian (if under 18) must complete and sign a media release form in order to attend the DigiGirlz event. The form can be obtained by e-mailing the appropriate event location found above.
- Q. How much does the event cost?A.There is no cost associated with this event. Microsoft provides the day free of charge for the girls who attend.
- Q. How does Microsoft choose the girls who attend?A.Microsoft accepts girls and schools on a first-come, first-served basis. Local high schools are encouraged to send in registration requests for their interested girls for this event as soon as possible.
- Q. Is there a GPA requirement in order to be accepted to the DigiGirlz Day event?A.No. There is not a GPA requirement.
- Q. If a girl does not attend one of the targeted schools, can she still attend?A.Yes. If the girl is currently in high school, she is welcome to send a request to attend a DigiGirlz Day in her area by using the contact information provided on this page or by sending an e-mail message with her name, her city and state, and the name of her high school to email@example.com
- Q. Can teachers attend the event to better understand what their students are learning?A.Yes. If teachers have students who will be attending the event, they are welcome and encouraged to attend the event. Teachers who attend can help encourage the girls to engage in technology programs throughout the school year. (Note: Microsoft is not able to offer continuing education credits for teachers who attend this event.)
- Q. Is lunch provided, or should the girls bring money?A.The event hours are different in each location, but if an event is held during a standard meal time, then a meal is provided free of charge for attendees. If you have special dietary needs or other special needs requests, please send an e-mail message to the contact listed for your event city.
- Q. What should I do if I have questions that aren't answered here?A.If you have more questions about the DigiGirlz Day, you may send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or refer to the email address/ link listed next to the event in the “Registration & Contact Info” column in the table above. Because of the number of e-mail messages we receive regarding the days, we will not address questions that are already answered on this Web site.
- Q. How do girls register to attend a DigiGirlz Day?
Here is what a teacher who attended a DigiGirlz Day had to say about her experience:
"Thank you Microsoft for hosting the DigiGirlz Day! Technology is an integral part of today's education, and, of course, today's world. Kudos to Microsoft for giving young women an opportunity to explore the many options for their futures. The DigiGirlz Day event enabled our students to realize the value of their educational experience and technology. I was very impressed with the event and even more so with Microsoft's ability to support and drive diversity in the workplace. Thank you Microsoft for giving us an opportunity to participate in this great event!"
Sayreville War Memorial High School