About Microsoft PixelSense
The Samsung SUR40 with Microsoft PixelSense is an innovative product that responds to touch, natural hand gestures and real world objects placed on the display, providing effortless interaction with information and digital content in a simple and intuitive way. With a large, 360-degree, 4-inch thin horizontal user interface, the Samsung SUR40 offers a unique gathering place where multiple users can collaboratively and simultaneously interact with content and each other. In addition, the SUR40 provides businesses with unique value in delivering information and services in a more friendly way allowing better engagement with their customers. The Samsung SUR40 with Microsoft PixelSense is targeted for companies across a variety of industries including retail, hospitality, health care, and public sector.
The Samsung SUR40 with Microsoft PixelSense is a major advancement in computing that moves beyond the traditional user interface to a more natural way of interacting with information. The four key attributes that make this experience unique are:
- Multiuser experience. The horizontal form factor makes it easy for several people to gather together, providing a collaborative, face-to-face computing experience.
- Massive multitouch contact. The Samsung SUR40 with Microsoft PixelSense recognizes many points of contact simultaneously, not just from one finger, as with a typical touch screen, but up to dozens and dozens of items at once.
- Direct interaction. Users can actually "grab" digital information with their hands and interact with content through touch and gesture, without the use of a mouse or keyboard.
- Object recognition. Users can place physical objects on the display to trigger different types of digital responses, including the transfer of digital content.
Samsung SUR40 with Microsoft PixelSense:
At CES 2011, Microsoft unveiled the designed for touch experience featuring Microsoft PixelSense technology, which gives LCD panels the power to see without the use of cameras.
This experience comes to life in the Samsung SUR40 with Microsoft PixelSense, which incorporates significant technological advancements designed to enhance the user experience.
The Samsung SUR40 with Microsoft PixelSense features key hardware and software technology advancements informed by feedback from users around the world.
- Microsoft PixelSense™. Microsoft PixelSense allows a display to recognize fingers, hands, and objects placed on the screen, enabling vision-based interaction without the use of cameras. The individual pixels in the display see what's touching the screen and that information is immediately processed and interpreted.
- PixelSense technology delivers an innovative user experience built on the principles of direct interaction using touch and objects. The Microsoft Surface 2.0 SDK allows application developers to take advantage of capabilities of PixelSense technology.
- Thin form factor with multiple configuration options. The Samsung SUR40 is four inches thin, which makes it easy to use as a table, hang on the wall with the VESA mount, or embed in walls or custom enclosures. There are standard leg supports available or customers can design and attach their own leg supports.
- High definition large format display. The 40-inch, stunning high-definition screen (1920 x 1080 resolution) enables enhanced multiuser and multitouch experiences.
Recent News and Activities
Microsoft PixelSense activities are available on the Microsoft PixelSense blog
and Microsoft PixelSense on Twitter
For more information, press only: PixelSense PR team