Internet of Things security
Safeguard your Internet of Things (IoT) environment, the fastest-growing attack surface in your organization.
IoT innovation without compromise
Protect your IoT environment with comprehensive solutions.
Gain visibility and critical context into all of your IoT assets and devices.
Improve IoT security posture
Reduce your attack surface using a risk-prioritized approach.
Stop sophisticated attacks
Stay ahead of attackers with built-in AI, automation, and expertise.
Expedite incident response
Respond faster with tools optimized for your security operations center (SOC).
Address unique industry challenges
Tailor IoT security to your needs with comprehensive solutions.
Protect healthcare data and facilities
Secure medical devices used for supply chain management, hospital environmental control, telehealth, and more.
Securely enable manufacturing innovation
Protect industrial IoT infrastructure from breaches, maximize uptime, and improve safety by quickly discovering asset inventory and responding to threats.
Safeguard energy infrastructure
Improve cyber resiliency and defend against attacks with comprehensive security for control systems across energy production and distribution.
Why IoT security
Attacks on IoT infrastructure are not hypothetical. Adversaries increasingly use these devices to evade detection and stage broader attacks.
IoT security products
Microsoft Defender for IoT
Gain greater visibility and stop complex, multistage attacks against your IoT, operational technology (OT), and industrial control systems (ICS).
Microsoft 365 Defender
Prevent and detect attacks across your identities, endpoints, apps, email, data, and cloud apps with extended detection and response capabilities.
Get an end-to-end view across your enterprise with a cloud-native security information and event management (SIEM) solution.
Stay ahead of the IoT and OT convergence
Learn how to protect unmanaged IoT, ICS, and OT solutions in the Microsoft Defender for IoT e-book.
Best SCADA Security Solution
Microsoft’s IoT solution (formerly CyberX) was recognized as the Best SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) Security Solution at the 2020 SC Awards.4
Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
Microsoft’s IoT and OT security solution (formerly CyberX) won three Cybersecurity Excellence Awards in 2019 for IoT, critical infrastructure, and ICS and SCADA.5
See how customers defend against IoT threats
Stay up to date on IoT security
The State of IoT/OT Cybersecurity in the Enterprise
Get insights from Ponemon Institute into the security challenges enterprises face as they accelerate IoT and OT innovation.6
Build IoT operational resilience
Learn how to strengthen your security program with Microsoft Defender for IoT and PwC's resilience framework.
Rapidly detect and respond to IoT threats
Watch this webinar to explore how to gain greater visibility into your IoT and OT infrastructure to quickly uncover threats.
Get threat intelligence with Microsoft Defender for IoT
Proactively monitor vulnerabilities with threat intelligence for IoT and OT—now available in Microsoft Defender for IoT.
Make your future more secure. Explore your security options today.
-  Part 1. Executive summary, The State of IoT/OT Cybersecurity in the Enterprise, Ponemon Institute, LLC, November 2021, p. 1
-  Part 1. Executive summary, The State of IoT/OT Cybersecurity in the Enterprise, Ponemon Institute, LLC, November 2021, p. 2
-  © 2021 The MITRE Corporation. This work is reproduced and distributed with the permission of The MITRE Corporation.
-  “CyberX Wins Coveted Trust Award at SC Awards 2020, Continuing to Receive Industry Recognition,” Businesswire, March 11, 2020, | Business Wire">CyberX Wins Coveted Trust Award at SC Awards 2020, Continuing to Receive Industry Recognition | Business Wire.
-  “CyberX Wins Cybersecurity Excellence Awards in Three Categories: CyberX Recognized for Innovation in IoT Security, ICS/SCADA Security, and Critical Infrastructure Security,” GlobeNewswire, February 21, 2019, CyberX Wins Cybersecurity Excellence Awards in Three (globenewswire.com).
-  The State of IoT/OT Cybersecurity in the Enterprise, Ponemon Institute, LLC, November 2021