- Online resources and tools available to all customers.
- End-to-end guidance from Microsoft engineering.
- Delivered by Microsoft engineers or approved partners.
- Available for Microsoft 365, Azure, and Dynamics 365.
A FastTrack specialist is your ambassador to the FastTrack process who is responsible for your overall onboarding experience. Throughout the course of your engagement it’s likely that you’ll engage with multiple FastTrack specialists on specific topics as we bring in expertise to address your specific situation. FastTrack specialists consist of both Microsoft personnel and approved partners. A FastTrack specialist:
i. Helps you with Microsoft recommended set of onboarding processes and guidance,ii. Coordinates specific deep dive technical workshops,iii. Helps you understand key success adoption factors,iv. Conducts technical workshops & provide specific guidance andv. Serves as subject matter experts on various technologies.
Microsoft users, partners and customers initiate their request from the FastTrack website. To complete the request, the user must first sign in to their account. After signing in, the user will be automatically taken to their account dashboard where the customer can view existing RFA’s or start a new one. Once the RFA has been completed and accepted, a FastTrack Manager and Engineer will be assigned and listed in the FastTrack Status view for the customer.
- All customers with current and eligible Microsoft 365 plan subscriptions can use FastTrack onboarding, migration and adoption services.
- In addition to access to online FastTrack resources, eligible customers have access to remote guidance from FastTrack engineers or approved partners.
- Subscriptions to individual components of Microsoft 365, Office 365 EMS, and Windows 10 are also eligible for FastTrack services – see below.
- For details on specific services and products enabled by FastTrack see more details at http://microsoft.com/fasttrack.
All customers with current and eligible Office 365 plan subscriptions can use FastTrack onboarding, migration, and adoption services.
- In addition to access to online FastTrack resources, eligible customers have access to remote guidance from FastTrack engineers or approved partners.
- Customers with 150+ Office 365 seats have access to FastTrack services for questions and answers on Office 365.
- Migration assistance for mail and files is available with the purchase of 500 or more seats.
- Mail can be moved to Exchange Online from on-premises Exchange Server, IBM Domino, Google Apps for Work, Novell GroupWise, or IMAP-capable systems. Files can be moved to OneDrive for Business from Google Drive, Box, or file shares and to SharePoint Online team sites from file shares.
- See details for license counts and editions on this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/fasttrack/O365-eligible-services-and-plans.
- EMS and the cloud services included in the FastTrack Center Benefit for EMS: Enterprise Mobility + Security, Enterprise Mobility + Security (as part of the Secure Productive Enterprise).
- Purchased as standalone: Microsoft Azure Active Directory Premium (E3 and E5), Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Intune for Education, Microsoft Azure Information Protection (E3 and E5), Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics, Microsoft Cloud App Security.
- See additional details for EMS on this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/enterprise-mobility-security/solutions/fasttrack-center-benefit-for-enterprise-mobility-suite-ems.
FastTrack for Azure requires a Microsoft field nomination.
- Located in one of the below geos where FastTrack is available: United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom or Western Europe (defined as the Microsoft WE region) - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Nordics, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- Please note FastTrack delivery is in English only.
- Eligible customers also need to have an identified Azure project estimated to consume a minimum of USD5,000 per month (or local currency equivalent) of Azure services (at TPID level). Please note that all commercial and government customers are eligible if they satisfy the criteria regardless of purchase channel and licensing.
- FastTrack is a post-sales tool, so customer is required to have an active paid Azure subscription to be eligible.
- Customer cannot be directly supported by a Microsoft Cloud Solution architect.
250 combined eligible App or Plan user subscription licenses.
Essentials: 20-149 combined eligible App or Plan user subscription licenses, or the equivalent.
Full: 150 or more combined eligible App or Plan user subscription licenses, or the equivalent.
FastTrack for Desktop App Assure
The Desktop App Assure service provides remote assistance to customers that are migrating to the modern desktop (Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus) and consuming updates who experience valid compatibility issues with:
- Customer developed Line of Business (LOB) applications (including desktop and web apps).
- Commercial applications developed by 3rd party Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
- Supported Microsoft products and services running on Windows 10 – e.g. customers experiencing compatibility issues transitioning add-ins from Office perpetual clients to Office 365 ProPlus on Windows 10.
By engaging with the FastTrack team, an App Assure Manager will work with the customer throughout their migration to Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus, and when they consume Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus updates through our semi-annual channel. The App Assure Manager will engage the right Microsoft Engineers to address valid application issues including diagnosing and remediating compatibility issues - at no cost to customers with an eligible subscription.
Windows 10 is the most compatible version of Windows ever and has become the most rapidly adopted and most widely used computer operating system in history, with over 500 million Windows 10 users worldwide. 99% of Windows 7 applications run on Windows 10 (based on Windows telemetry) reducing the need for costly testing. Office Readiness Toolkit data indicates similarly high levels of compatibility for Office migrations. That said, we know that application compatibility for Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus can be a fear for many customers and ISVs that slows down deployment. With that in mind we are launching the Desktop App Assure service so that customers and ISVs can feel confident in their shift to a modern desktop with the promise of direct support from Microsoft to address application compatibility issues. This service will help our customers further accelerate their deployment and adoption of Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus to get current and stay current.
The perception of app compatibility – and the unknowns associated with identifying problems – is a real blocker for our customers who are concerned. This program brings confidence back into the equation. And – for the small set of apps that do have issues – it brings direct Microsoft help to remediate.
Like all FastTrack offerings, Desktop App Assure will be offered at no additional cost with an eligible subscription (150+ seats).
Yes, these claims are real. We can afford to deliver this program because only a very small number of applications face compatibility issues. We can – and are committed to – helping customers resolve those issues. But the steps we have already taken with Windows 10 help ensure that the actual instance of app compatibility issues are very low.
English, Japanese, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), German, Spanish, Korean, French, Portuguese (BR) and Italian.
Desktop App Assure will be offered at no additional cost to Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education customers with an eligible subscription (150+ seats). Commercial, Education and Public Sector customers with 150 or more Microsoft 365 E3/E5/A3/A5, Windows 10 E3/E5/A3/A5 or Windows 10 Enterprise with Software Assurance licenses in their subscription or Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) building Windows 10 commercial applications are eligible to submit a request for assistance. Customers and ISVs must be targeting a Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus or Office Perpetual version that is currently within their respective servicing period (including the Long-Term Servicing Branch).
No. Eligibility is based on Windows 10 licenses. That said if we are going to help fix a compatibility issue with Office 365 ProPlus that occurred as a result of moving to Windows 10 or when updating Office, it has to be either a (i) supported version of Office 365 Pro Plus or (ii) Office Perpetual in mainstream support.
Eligibility requires 150 licenses or more of one of the following:
- Windows 10 E3/E5.
- Windows 10 Education A3/A5.
- Windows 10 Enterprise with Software Assurance.
- Microsoft 365 E3/E5.
- Microsoft 365 Education A3/A5.
Yes, Desktop App Assure is available to public sector, federal and DoD customers. The requirements and process to engage remain the same for Desktop App Assure. The customer would submit a request for assistance here, https://aka.ms/DesktopAppAssureRequest.
Desktop App Assure supports Office 365 ProPlus, Office 2016 and Office 2019 while they are in mainstream support on Windows 10.
The Microsoft Trust Center is your one stop resource for detail on security, privacy, compliance, and transparency - https://www.microsoft.com/trustcenter/.
The following support is available for customer developed (Line of Business) applications and 3rd party applications developed by Independent Software Vendors.
For Customer Developed (Line of Business) Applications:
- Diagnosing applications to determine a root cause and fixing an application. If customer source code is available, Microsoft Engineers will work with the app developer and recommend code changes for the application. The customer is accountable for implementing recommendations in their own source code.
- Shimming and packaging applications to remediate compatibility issues.
- Addressing Windows 10 regressions impacting application compatibility.
For 3rd Party Independent Software Vendor (ISV) Applications:
- Diagnosing applications to determine a root cause and fix for an application and partnering with ISVs to remediate their applications.
- Addressing Windows 10 regressions impacting application compatibility.
- Engaging ISVs to onboard them to Windows 10 and secure Windows 10 Support Statements.
Yes, third party ISV Office Add-ins are in scope and supported by Desktop App Assure.
No. There are no restrictions to the number of applications that can be submitted. However, we encourage you to prioritize your top applications to focus on initially.
There are no limitation on package type for Desktop App Assure.
No. The Desktop App Assure team will only repackage applications that first require remediation for Windows 10. We can refer customers to several qualified Microsoft partners who offer this service.
When we remediate a customer's application, we can repackage the application in one of the following formats: APPX, App-V, MSI, EXE and MSIX (when available).
Customers must be targeting a Windows 10 version that is within its serviceability period. Get Windows 10 Release information here.
The following types of application readiness are not supported:
- Application inventory and testing to determine what does and does not work on Windows 10 – See Modern Desktop Assessment for assistance with inventory and validation of your applications.
- Researching 3rd party ISV applications for their Windows 10 compatibility and support statements – See Ready for Windows for a list of software solutions that are supported or adopted on Windows 10 and Office365 ProPlus.
- Code level changes to an application (though we can provide guidance to developers if source code and resources are available).
Office add-ins and VBA macros are in scope for Desktop App Assure.
Customers may submit a request for assistance by signing into FastTrack and completing the Desktop App Assure service request.
ISVs may submit a request for assistance by signing into FastTrack, navigating to the “Services” tab, and selecting “Desktop App Assure” under the list of current services. Under requestor, ISVs should specify that they are a commercial ISV and are seeking assistance for a third-party application rather than on behalf of a customer.
You can engage a partner to assist with a Modern Desktop Assessment by applying through this link. This program is available through June 30, 2019 - https://aka.ms/mdacustomerform.
In addition, Windows Analytics is a set of solutions that can provide customers with extensive data about the state of devices in their environment. Windows Analytics Upgrade Readiness offers a set of tools to plan and manage the upgrade process end to end, allowing customers to adopt new Windows releases more quickly. Upgrade Readiness not only supports upgrade management from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, but also Windows 10 upgrades in the Windows as a Service (WaaS) model. Similarly, the Office Readiness Toolkit offers these capabilities for Office 365 ProPlus.
The Microsoft Ready for Windows Directory is a web site that makes it easy for customers to search for and source business solutions that are compatible and supported on Windows 10. The directory leverages Microsoft application insight data from hundreds of thousands of commercial devices running Windows 10 to provide a complete picture of the app ecosystem and to help customers plan Windows 10 upgrades with confidence. ISVs can also use the Microsoft Ready for Windows directory to promote commercial applications that support Windows 10 and generate market visibility for their solutions. To promote a solution, an ISV first creates a support statement for Windows 10 on the vendors website that Microsoft can link to, and then completes a short application. Once reviewed and accepted by Microsoft, the solution will be listed in the directory, and available to anyone looking for Windows software providers.
The Microsoft Security Update Validation Program (SUVP) provides early access to Microsoft security updates—up to three weeks in advance of the official release—for the purpose of validation and interoperability testing.
Yes, the Desktop App Assure service will provide assistance to ISVs that are experiencing compatibility issues with Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus including early releases being developed for Windows 10.
There is no limit on the number of applications for Desktop App Assure.
For more information on how to address Windows 10 application compatibility, refer to https://developer.microsoft.com/windows/desktop/app-compatibility.
To support a no cost application readiness service, the Desktop App Assure service leverages one or a combination of the following methods for application diagnosis and remediation:
- Microsoft supports the customer remotely to help deploy diagnostic and troubleshooting tools to collect application error logs. Similar to a typical support engagement, Microsoft will analyze the results and make recommended changes to remediate the application.
- The customer shares the application installer with Microsoft. Microsoft deploys the installer in a Microsoft lab environment where we have already deployed our diagnostic and remediation tools.
- The customer provides VPN access to a test environment to Microsoft engineers. Microsoft will deploy our diagnostic and remediation tools and perform the remediation work within the customer's environment.
Once a customer has submitted a request for assistance, a Desktop App Assure Manager will reach out to the customer within 24 hours. Application diagnosis and remediation times however will vary significantly based on several factors including:
- The complexity of the issue.
- The responsiveness of 3rd party independent software vendors.
- The customer's availability to engage with Microsoft to provide application details.
- The model through which remediation work is done (VPN or Microsoft labs).
We will decide if it is appropriate to define a service level agreement and communicate estimated response times once we have more data from customer engagements.
The Desktop App Assure service team provides different tiers of support and are located WW to support each local region. They provide support in local business hours, Monday to Friday.
Desktop App Assure Managers are FastTrack resources assigned to an account. They own the relationship with the customer across application remediation requests, and they help to engage the right engineering resources to resolve application compatibility issues. This relationship may span multiple requests, across multiple applications, and involve engagements with multiple engineering groups. The intent is to provide a streamlined experience where the customer won’t have to continuously re-explain all of their circumstances in their journey to upgrade, resolve app compat issues, and adopt a modern desktop.
App compatibility issues are typically resolved through a process of diagnosing the root cause and identifying steps to remediate the issue. The most common resolution types are:
- Updating third party ISV apps to a supported version of the application.
- Applying hotfixes already available publicly.
- Application code changes.
- Windows OS bug fixes.
Shims provides a proxy to deliver necessary functions to address legacy software behavior. This changes how an application interacts with the OS. It is not a change to the application software itself. Shims are then published to a central library where all application clients can access it to resolve the problem.
FastTrack for Microsoft 365
FastTrack for Microsoft 365 provides IT Pros customized guidance for onboarding and adopting Microsoft 365 including access to Microsoft engineering expertise, best practices, tools and resources. Included in your eligible Microsoft 365 subscriptions, FastTrack helps customers migrate data, enable effective teamwork, protect the organization from cybersecurity threats and help keep your devices and apps up to date.
You can keep track of Microsoft 365 FastTrack engagements by logging in at http://microsoft.com/fasttrack and viewing My Customer Dashboard. The dashboard, available to Microsoft users and partners, provides account-specific guidance based on where the customer is in their adoption journey.
Education customers can leverage the digital experience of fasttrack.microsoft.com like all other customers. Refer to FastTrack service subscription for eligibility requirements. Data migration is only available for faculty and staff (paid) seats, not student-use benefit seats. In addition, FastTrack can refer customers to Education specialists—use the Request for Assistance specific to education customers to receive a referral.
FastTrack for Azure
FastTrack for Azure is currently available to eligible Azure customers located in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or Western Europe (delivery is in English only).
- Be located in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, or Western Europe (English only).- Have an identified Azure project estimated to consume a minimum of USD 5,000 per month (or local currency equivalent) of Azure services.- Have an active paid Azure subscription.- Not be directly supported by a Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect.- Be ready to build and deploy a FastTrack-supported Azure solution as indicated on the FastTrack for Azure roadmap.
The length of engagement varies depending on your needs. Eligible customers can engage FastTrack for Azure resources for one or more of the supported Azure solutions as indicated on the roadmap.
No. FastTrack for Azure guides customers through setup, configuration, development, and production of Azure solutions remotely. It is available to eligible customers at no cost.
- Discovery: Identify key stakeholders, understand the goal or vision for problems you are solving for, and assess architectural needs.- Solution enablement: Learn design principles for building applications, review the architecture of applications and solutions, and receive guidance and tools to drive proof of concept(PoC) work through to production.- Continuous partnership: Azure engineers and/or program managers will check in periodically to ensure your deployment is on track and to help remove blockers, for you (in-house resources) or for your Azure partner.
No, FastTrack for Azure engagement is delivered remotely.
Yes. FastTrack for Azure is available to eligible customers in both Azure commercial cloud and Azure Government cloud.
If you are already working with a partner, Microsoft Consulting Services, or Premier Services, the FastTrack team will engage with you and partner to ensure you both have the resources needed to successfully deploy Azure solution(s). If you are not already working with a partner, we can connect you to a FastTrack for Azure partner who can assist with your deployment needs.
FastTrack for Azure provides customers with resources, tools, and access to experts (Azure engineers and partners) to help deploy Azure solutions into production for those projects that are estimated to consume USD5,000 (or local equivalent) per month of Azure services. Activate Azure is a four-day on-site engagement with a Microsoft Services Engineer aimed at deploying the initial, low-friction Azure workload through proof of concept activities. A customer eligible for FastTrack for Azure should be beyond an Activate Azure engagement. For more information, please work with your account team to determine which program is best for you.
Learn about what’s new and coming next in the FastTrack for Azure roadmap. Subscribe to notifications to stay up to date.
FastTrack for Dynamics 365
FastTrack content and sessions are in English. As the program evolves, we will evaluate adding additional languages.
• Dynamics 365 for Sales• Dynamics 365 for Field Service• Dynamics 365 for Customer Service• Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation• Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement Plan• Dynamics 365 Plan
• 250 combined eligible app and/or plan user SLs* with the intent to implement sales, field service, customer service, and project service automation apps.
• Dynamics 365 Unified Operations Plan• Dynamics 365 Plan* (with the plan to implement operations app)
• 150 or more combined eligible app and/or plan user SLs and/or equivalent* for full services**• 20-149 combined eligible app and/or plan user SLs and/or equivalent* for essential services***