an add-in for Microsoft Office on Windows
Download from:Hands free typing in Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
You type all day long to get things done. Responding to email, writing documents and creating presentations to communicate your ideas. Sometimes, this gets tiring. Your fingers get sore, your wrists hurt. Or, maybe using a keyboard is difficult for you. Do you ever wish you could just talk to your computer and have it write for you? Research shows you can speak much faster than you can type. What if you could type with your voice? Meet Dictate, a Microsoft Garage project. Dictate is an Office add-in for Windows Outlook, Word and PowerPoint that converts speech to text using the state-of-the-art speech recognition behind Cortana and Microsoft Translator. Download it today and start writing with your voice!
Key features include:
- Highly accurate speech to text
- Supports 29 spoken languages
- Real-time translation to 60 languages
- Commands like “new line”, “stop dictation” and “enter” to give more control while dictating
- Two modes of punctuations: Auto and manual (with commands like “Question mark”, “Period”, “Exclamation mark”, “Comma”) Visual feedback to indicate speech is being processed
Meet the team
"What if you could type with your voice?"
Silicon Valley and Redmond, USA
Initially built as a hack during the annual Microsoft Hackathon, the project quickly grew its fan base, gathering over 1500 users within Microsoft in 40+ countries. Stories from passionate fans on how it helped them be more productive and improve accessibility have humbled us. With cross-company collaboration between Microsoft AI & Research and Office teams, the team is excited to release this Office add-on and further improve speech recognition capabilities.