a Windows app
Sketch Pal, a Microsoft Garage project combines the modern inking features artists have come to expect, such as layers and custom pens with innovative new features like coloring assist, stroke cleanup tools, and reference view. Built on top of the Windows Ink platform, Sketch Pal leverages the strengths of the Surface hardware: low pen latency, tilt support, and pressure sensitivity to empower artists to have more control over their canvas. Inspiration can come from anywhere and Sketch Pal allows artists to start a project on one device, then seamlessly continue working on it on another device.
- Advanced Inking features: Brush creation, joining strokes, vector boundary detection, line art clean up, and layers bring new capabilities to your drawing.
- Reference Mode: Add a reference picture alongside or underneath to help with your sketch.
- Cross device connection: Use a second device as a remote palette, continue drawing on anther device or tool, and export .psd files.
- Designed for Surface Pen: Sketch and draw naturally as you would with pen and paper with pressure sensitivity, tilt recognition, and Surface Dial support.
- Powered by Windows Ink: Built on top of the fast and fluid Windows Ink experience for must-have features like low latency and crisp vector ink rendering.
Meet the team