It all starts with your computer
Your computer delivers on your needs and makes a statement about who you are. The latest generation of devices for Windows 11 are much better than PCs from a few years ago. And you get to choose whatever format works best for you: laptop, custom desktop, 2-in-1 laptop, tablet, and more. There are a variety of device types, perfect for a variety of lifestyles.
Once you turn on your computer, what’s important is how easily you can interact with it to get things done. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations—Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient, Windows 11 has what you need for whatever’s next.
Explore these standout Windows 11 features worth getting excited about:
- A simple way to stay in touch. With Chat from Microsoft Teams, you can connect to friends and family from your PC regardless of the computer, phone, or tablet they’re using—iOS, Android, PC, or Mac. Built right into the Windows taskbar, you can use Microsoft Teams to connect for free via video and phone calls or chat—no need to look at your phone. Using a real keyboard to text? Yes, please! The features of Windows 11 make connecting that easy.1
- Intuitive navigation, easy organization. There’s enough chaos and clutter in the world—you don’t need more when it comes to your PC. The clean, fresh design of Windows 11 makes using your computer so much easier. Front and center Windows 11 provides the ability to search for anything, anywhere. It’s streamlined, intuitive, and revolves around you.
- Bring balance to your desktop. Do you fumble through your open windows and apps to find what you’re looking for? You can group and organize open windows or files and easily pivot between them with the groundbreaking multi-tasking tool Snap Assist. It’s effortless to use—just drag a window to the edge of the screen to activate in a few clicks. You can also arrange open windows into your preferred layout with Snap layouts in Windows 11.
- Wonderful world of widgets. Select what’s important to you, so it appears in the convenient Widget dashboard right at your fingertips, keeping you easily in-the-know. Whether you’re looking for the weather, your favorite photos, world news, stocks, or scores from last night’s game, there’s a Windows 11 Widget for whatever you love.
- Innovative devices and features. We know there are things you love about your phone and tablet, and we worked to provide those and more on your PC. The touch, voice, and pen inputs of Windows 11 make using your device easy and fun. Mastering the art of cooking? Use your voice to dictate to your device while you’re elbows-deep in lasagna preparation. If your device has a touchscreen,2 try pinching, zooming, and swiping to see what you want. Plus, your pen can blur the line between device and old-fashioned paper. We partnered with the smartest and most trusted brands to bring you a variety of devices so you can have the choices you’ve come to expect from Windows. New Windows devices are more versatile, more capable, and easier for you to use—however you want to use them.
- Install your favorite apps and games. Search easily for games, apps, and entertainment with the Microsoft Store on Windows 11. Optimized for safety and device compatibility, the Microsoft Store has the apps you crave, from sophisticated to social to silly, all at your fingertips. With thousands of movies and games, you can keep the whole family entertained. Plus, you can elevate your gaming with PC Game Pass.3 It gives you access to over 100 high-quality games that you can play across multiple devices including your PC, phones, tablets, and, of course, Xbox console. With games added all the time, there’s always something new to play.
- Make your computer your own. One of the best Windows 11 features is personalization. Just as you might personalize and paint the walls of your new house when you move in, you can personalize your computer. Start by picking a favorite photo or image for your desktop. Just select Start > Settings > Personalization > Background, then upload your picture of choice! See other ways to personalize your PC.
- Stay organized on the web. Keep track of your ideas on the web. Whether you’re collecting information like recipes or videos, or planning something like a trip or an event, Collections in Microsoft Edge enables you to organize your ideas. Collections also syncs across your signed-in devices, so when you use Microsoft Edge on multiple devices, your collections will always be available and up-to-date on all of them. You can also import your bookmarks to Microsoft Edge – with a few clicks, you can sync your saved pages and preferences easily so you can access your information no matter which device you’re using. Browsing just got a little better with Microsoft Edge.
- Start using Microsoft 365 for free. Enjoy powerful tools that help you organize, connect, create, work, and learn. You can use products like Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and more with the free trial of Microsoft 365 included in Windows 11. You can get more done and have some fun starting on day one.
Are these nine Windows 11 features your favorites, too? With so much more to get excited about, you might have a hard time choosing just nine.
Share this page