You can use this form to submit files that contain malware or potentially unwanted software. You can also submit files that you believe should not be detected as malware or potentially unwanted software.
If you are a commercial customer (that is, your organization uses System Center, Forefront, or Intune), you need to sign in before submitting samples on behalf of your organization. If you are currently experiencing a virus outbreak or security-related incident you should contact your designated Microsoft support professional or go to the Microsoft Customer Service and Support for immediate assistance.
If you are a home user you can go to the Virus and Security Solution Center for help on securing your PC against viruses and other security threats.
- Your submission must be less than 10 megabytes
- To submit multiple files, you must compress them into a single .zip or .rar archive:
- Password protect the archive with password infected or Infected1
- The archive must be less than 10 megabytes
- Use the comments field to provide additional information about the files. Include information such as:
- How widespread it is in your organization
- How the file was delivered to machines in your organization
File contents are used only for malware analysis. Microsoft will not use any personal information contained in the files to identify or contact you.