Productivity and Business Processes
Our Productivity and Business Processes segment consists of products and services in our portfolio of productivity, communication, and information services, spanning a variety of devices and platforms. This segment primarily comprises:
• Office Commercial, including volume licensing and subscriptions to Office 365 commercial for products and services such as Office, Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business, and related Client Access Licenses (“CALs”).
• Office Consumer, including Office sold through retail or through an Office 365 consumer subscription, and Office Consumer Services, including Skype, Outlook.com, and OneDrive.
• Dynamics business solutions, including Dynamics ERP products, Dynamics CRM on-premises, and Dynamics CRM Online.
Our Intelligent Cloud segment consists of our public, private, and hybrid server products and cloud services that can power modern business. This segment primarily comprises:
• Server products and cloud services, including Microsoft SQL Server, Windows Server, Visual Studio, System Center, and related CALs, as well as Azure.
• Enterprise Services, including Premier Support Services and Microsoft Consulting Services.
More Personal Computing
Our More Personal Computing segment consists of products and services geared towards harmonizing the interests of end users, developers, and IT professionals across screens of all sizes. This segment primarily comprises:
• Windows, including Windows original equipment manufacturer licensing and other non-volume licensing of the Windows operating system; Windows Commercial, comprising volume licensing of the Windows operating system, Windows cloud services, and other Windows commercial offerings; patent licensing; Windows Embedded; MSN display advertising; and Windows Phone licensing.
• Devices, including Microsoft Surface, phones, and PC accessories.
• Gaming, including Xbox hardware and Xbox software and services, comprising Xbox Live transactions, subscriptions, and advertising (“Xbox Live”), video games, and third-party video game royalties.
• Search advertising.