Surface Slim Pen 2
Surface Slim Pen 2 doesn’t come with extra pen tips or with a charger. Surface Slim Pen 2 is compatible to charge with a wide variety of Surface devices.† All are sold separately.Shop Surface Slim Pen ChargerShop Surface Slim Pen 2 Tips
The Microsoft Store Promise for Surface
Get it as soon as August 23 to 20146 when you choose express shipping
Free 2-3 day shipping. Free returns.
Fast, fluid, and perfect with your Surface
Our best performing pen yet, with real-time writing, pinpoint accuracy, and incredible shading thanks to a sharper pen tip and improved design. Take notes naturally—the haptic motor in Surface Slim Pen 2 brings the feeling of writing and drawing on paper to your PC's screen.
Sleek and comfortable
Slim carpenter-inspired style is perfect for all hands and is easy to hold and control.
Exceptional accuracy, smoother flow, greater control
A redesigned sharper pen tip helps you put a finer point on everything you do.
Create in real time with Zero force inking¹
Ink flows fluidly out of the pen the instant it hits the screen.
The best shading experience yet
A sharper pen tip and an improved design let you approach the screen at a perfect 77° tilt for ultra-precise shading and an exceptional 4,096 points of pressure sensitivity.
Easily erase and edit on the fly
Just flip it around as you would a traditional pencil.
Inking for everyone
Experience natural and inclusive note-taking, sketching, and navigating with the same feeling you get with pen on paper when paired with Surface Pro 82 or Surface Laptop Studio2 with the built-in haptic motor.3
Always charged and ready
Surface Slim Pen 2 is ready to use right out of the box for you to unleash your creativity. Better yet, you’ll always know where it is with built-in, wireless charging and secure storage in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard2 or Surface Laptop Studio.2
Capture ideas instantly
Brainstorm and sketch with others over Microsoft Teams2 or when using Microsoft Whiteboard. Plus, edit presentations on the spot, fill out and sign documents, or take personal handwritten notes in Microsoft Journal.2
Our most intuitive pen
Tactile signals can make it easy for you to know when you’ve successfully used natural gestures like circling to select and crossing out to delete in Microsoft Word and Excel.2 The strength of tactile signals when using Surface Slim Pen 2 can be easily adjusted or even turned off through Windows settings.
Unleash your creativity in the apps you use
Create your best work in Adobe Fresco, Photoshop, and more,2 and collaborate and take handwritten notes together in Microsoft Teams.2 Capture unstructured ideas using Microsoft Whiteboard and simultaneously ink with others. Use Ink Editor in Microsoft Word or use the top button as a slideshow clicker to advance Microsoft PowerPoint2 slides.
Pair with ink-enabled Surface devices
Use Surface Slim Pen 2 across the portfolio of ink-enabled Surface devices and unlock a new dimension of productivity.4
Surface Pro 8²
Get unprecedented levels of performance on a 13-inch screen. Write in laptop mode, present with multiple screens in desktop mode, or sign a contract on screen in tablet mode with the feeling of pen on paper.
Surface Laptop Studio²
Run circles around renders, tackle complex data, and sketch stunning 3D visualizations. The most powerful Surface yet offers incredible performance and delivers the highest graphics horsepower of any Surface.
Surface Pro X²
Meet the totally mobile Pro. Always with you, instantly ready. Designed to keep up anywhere, at any angle, with a detachable Keyboard with built-in pen storage and charging—plus optional Gigabit LTE and all-day battery life.
Surface Duo 2²
Open two screens and discover limitless possibilities with an expansive view that enables you to compare content across Microsoft 365 apps, work in two apps side-by-side, and naturally write ideas on screen.
Get more from your Surface with accessories designed to enhance your productivity and streamline your workflow.
Surface Pro 7+ and Surface Pro 7 Accessories
Write, sketch, navigate, and recharge. Take handwritten notes and draw with the same...Select Surface Slim Pen 2 for more information.
Keep extra pen tips handy when you need them with Surface Slim Pen 2 Tips. Designed...Select Surface Slim Pen 2 Tips for more information.
Originally $24.99 now $17.99
Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse is made with recycled ocean plastic from plastic waste...Select Microsoft Ocean Plastic Mouse for more information.
Introducing a kit that makes it easier to use and navigate your Surface PC. Identify...Select Surface Adaptive Kit for more information.
Originally From $79.99 now From $52.99
Slim, light, and ready to travel, Surface Arc Mouse is designed to conform to your...Select Surface Arc Mouse for more information.
Originally From $99.99 now From $45.99
Surface Pen is better and faster than ever, with tilt for shading,¹ greater...Select Surface Pen for more information.
Originally From $99.99 now From $45.99
Create without limits. Surface Pen is better and faster than ever, with precision ink...Select Surface Pen for more information.
Originally $159.99 now $143.99
- Touch ID fingerprint technology for extra convenience and security
Charger for Surface Slim Pen 2 and Slim Pen. Includes USB-A cable to use your Surface...Select Surface Slim Pen Charger for more information.
Engineered to work seamlessly with the Surface Pro X, the Brydge SPX+ wireless...Select Brydge SPX+ Wireless Keyboard for Surface Pro X for more information.
Why shop at Microsoft Store
From free shipping and returns to expert support and online workshops, we’re here to help you do more with best-in-class devices, software, games, and resources. Learn more
Fast, free shipping
Get your order in 2-3 days with no minimum purchase required.
Return almost any product in like-new condition in its original packaging within 30 days. Get up to 60 days for Surface devices.*
Instant software downloads
Install most apps and software, like Microsoft 365, Windows, and Xbox games, via digital download.
Questions? We’ve got answers.
Get one-on-one support any time via chat or phone, or find answers fast with common FAQs.
- †Surface Slim Pen 2 can charge with Surface Slim Pen Charger, Surface Pro Signature Keyboard, Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard, Surface Laptop Studio, and Surface Duo 2 Pen Cover. All are sold separately.
- *Extended return offer period available with Surface devices purchased from Microsoft Store in select markets. Return process must be started within 60 days after customer received the device. Not available for purchases by reseller customers. Extended return offer period limited to 5 device returns total per eligible customer. Excludes Surface Hub. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time. Other exclusions and limits may apply. Microsoft Store return policy applies to extended returns. See applicable Microsoft Terms of Sale for more information.
-  Zero force inking will only be work when Surface Slim Pen 2 is used with Surface Pro 8, Surface Pro X, Surface Laptop Studio, and Surface Duo 2. Additional compatibility details can be found at aka.ms/SurfaceSlimPenCompatibility.
-  Some software, accessories, and devices sold separately. App availability may vary by market and operating system.
-  Tactile signals in Surface Slim Pen 2 can be experienced on some applications on Surface Laptop Studio and Surface Pro 8 running Windows 11. Surface Laptop Studio and Surface Pro 8 sold separately.
-  Surface Slim Pen 2 experiences and compatibility vary by which device you are using it with. Visit aka.ms/SurfaceSlimPenCompatibility to learn more.
- Features and app availability may vary by region.
Surface Laptop Studio
Surface Pro 3 - Surface Pro 8
Surface Pro X
Surface Duo, Surface Duo 2
Surface Go, Go 2, Surface Go 3
Surface Hub 2S
Surface Laptop 1 - 4
Surface Studio 1, 2
Surface Book 1 - 3
Surface Slim Pen 2 Tips
Non-Surface devices that support Microsoft Pen Protocol (MPP)
Bluetooth® Wireless 5.0 Technology
Side button, Top Button with eraser functionality
Haptic feedback functionality compatible only with Surface Laptop Studio4 and Surface Pro 84 with Windows 11
Color and material
Matte Black Plastic Enclosure
Pressure and sensitivity
4,096 pressure levels
Zero force inking3
5.38” x 0.44” x 0.25” (136.8 x 11.3 x 6.3 mm)
0.03 lb (13 g)
Rechargeable Lithium Ion
Up to 15 hours of typical usage6
Battery Capacity Nominal (WH): 0.171
Battery Capacity Min (WH): 0.164
Storage and charging (Sold separately)
Surface Slim Pen 2 storage and charging in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard , Surface Laptop Studio, and Surface Duo 2 Pen Cover
Surface Slim Pen Charger
Surface Slim Pen 1 USB-C Charging Base5
What’s in the box
Surface Slim Pen 2
Quick Start Guide
Safety and Warranty documents
1 year limited warranty
-  Surface Slim Pen 2 tilt functionality is available with Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Pro 3-Surface Pro 8; Surface Pro X; Surface Go 1-Surface Go 3; Surface Laptop 1-4; Surface Studio 1,2; Surface Book 1-3. Additional compatibility details can be found at aka.ms/SurfaceSlimPenCompatibility
-  Pairing functionality requires Windows 10, Windows 11, or Android with the latest updates.
-  Zero force inking will only work when Surface Slim Pen 2 is used with Surface Pro 8, Surface Pro X, Surface Laptop Studio, and Surface Duo 2. Additional compatibility details can be found at aka.ms/SurfaceSlimPenCompatibility
-  Chargers, software, accessories, and devices sold separately. Availability may vary by market.
 The USB-Charging Base that came in-box with Surface Slim Pen 1 requires a firmware update through Windows Update to charge Surface Slim Pen 2. Visit aka.ms/SurfaceSlimPenChargerUpdate for more information
-  Battery life varies significantly based on usage, network and feature configuration, signal strength, settings and other factors. See aka.ms/SurfaceBatteryPerformance for details.
-  Microsoft’s Limited Warranty is in addition to your consumer law rights.