The demand for cloud computing solutions is clear. Today’s medical centers, integrated delivery networks and labs are looking for agility, easier management, and access to more capacity to enable the increased demand for next-generation sequencing (NGS). Health and Life Science organizations can benefit from Microsoft’s industry-leading approach to security, privacy, and local compliance in the cloud while minimizing cost and complexity.
Microsoft Genomics brings the power of the Microsoft Azure cloud to genomic computation. It provides the performance, security and scalability of a world-class supercomputing center, on demand. You can easily integrate your existing pipeline code using a REST-based API and simple Python client, or optimize your solution with help from one of the experiences partners below.
Take advantage of Microsoft's industry-leading approach to security, privacy and local compliance with Microsoft Azure, while minimizing cost and complexity. To learn more about Microsoft Genomics ISO certification, see the Microsoft Trust Center.
Power genome sequencing and research insights
- Cloud implementation of Burrows-Wheeler Aligner (BWA) and the Genome Analysis Toolkit (GTK) for secondary analysis
- ISO-certified and covered by Microsoft under the HIPAA BAA
- Global coverage to meet your data sovereignty needs
- Only pay for what you use with no commitment
- Easy-to-use API for integration with partner solutions
At the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) Annual Meeting 2018, Microsoft Genomics demonstrated a new method for analyzing long-read genomic data and capturing structural rearrangements. Through collaborative research with Stanford University, we demonstrated a powerful new genomics algorithm running on an Intel Altera field-programmable gate array (FPGA) infrastructure within Microsoft Azure-the same board-level architecture that underpins the incredible machine learning capabilities of Microsoft Project Brainwave. This revolutionary genomics service will make it easier for researchers to build and complete a whole new set of explorations using long-read data in the cloud.
Featured Research Papers
- Snytsar, R. (2018) Vectorized Character Counting for Faster Pattern Matching.
- Snytsar, R. & Turakhia, Y. (2018) Parallel approach to sliding window sums.
- Oh, MJ. & Cosgun, E. (2018) Exploring the consistency of the quality scores with machine learning for next-generation sequencing experiments.
- Kadie, C. & Heckerman, D. (2017) Ludicrous Speed Linear Mixed Models for Genome-Wide Association Studies.
- Cagnan et al. (2018) PKNOX2 expression and regulation in the bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells of Fanconi anemia patients and healthy donors.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital recently leveraged the Microsoft Genomics serviceLEARN MORE
Mt. Sinai Klein lab
Mt. Sinai Klein lab teams up with MicrosoftLEARN MORE
Codigo and BC Platforms
Codigo, BC Platforms, Microsoft partner to build commercial repository of Latin American genotype dataLEARN MORE
We continue to expand our genomics partner ecosystem from wet lab sequencing prep out to interpretation.
- Accelerate precision medicine with Microsoft Genomics. Microsoft. 2018
- Microsoft announces general availability of cloud-based tools for genomics research. Microsoft. 2018/02/28
- Microsoft unveils genomics innovation and new partners at ASHG 2018. Microsoft. 2018/10/15
- Microsoft Expands Azure Software Ecosystem with New Informatics Partnerships. GenomeWeb. 2018/10/18
- St. Jude Cloud, largest public repository of pediatric cancer genomics data, launches for researchers worldwide. St. Jude. 2018/04/12
- The Klein Lab at Mount Sinai gets assisted by Microsoft Genomics to discover genetic cancer risk factors. Microsoft. 2018/10/15
- BC Platforms Launches an End-to-End Solution for Precision Medicine powered by the Microsoft Genomics Service. BC Platforms. 2018/03/06
- Microsoft Genomics ventures into the microbiome with Eagle Genomics. Eagle Genomics. 2018/10/15
- Veritas and Microsoft: A Growing Partner Network. Veritas. 2018/10/15
- A New Frontier for Personal Genomics. Front Line Genomics. 2017/04/04
- L7 Informatics Announces the Availability of Microsoft Genomics on L7 Enterprise Science Platform. Global Newswire. 2018/05/16
- Genoox an Microsoft Healthcare partner to help advance precision medicine. PR Newswire. 2018/10/15
- Cloud computing spurs Australia’s genome research, opens field to clinical application. Microsoft. 2018/11/12
- Microsoft computing method makes key aspect of genomic sequencing seven times faster. Microsoft. 2017/06/21
- BC Platforms to provide genomics data management solution to Codigo46 powered by the Microsoft Azure Cloud. BC Platforms. 2016/11/28
- Leading genome research center migrates to DNANexus on Azure. DNANexus. 2016/11/15