Scalable and Secure Genomic Data Analysis on Azure
Discover insights from the genome taking advantage of the performance and scalability of the global Azure infrastructure and growing ecosystem of partner solution across secondary and tertiary analysis.
The demand for cloud computing solutions is clear. Today’s medical centers, integrated delivery networks and labs are looking for agility, easier management, and access to more capacity to enable the increased demand for next-generation sequencing (NGS). Health and Life Science organizations can benefit from Microsoft’s industry-leading approach to security, privacy, and local compliance in the cloud while minimizing cost and complexity.
Microsoft Genomics brings the power of the Microsoft Azure cloud to genomic computation. It provides the performance, security and scalability of a world-class supercomputing center, on demand. You can easily integrate your existing pipeline code using a REST-based API and simple Python client, or optimize your solution with help from one of the experiences partners below.
Microsoft Genomics Service
Managed Azure service for Secondary Analysis
- Cloud implementation of the Burrows-Wheeler Aligner (BWA) and the Genome Analysis Toolkit (GATK) for secondary analysis
- ISO-certified and covered by Microsoft under the HIPAA BAA
- Global coverage to meet your data sovereignty needs
- On-demand scalability and price predictability for your sequencing needs
- Easy API integration with your current genomic workflows and downstream analytics
Cromwell on Azure
Cromwell is a workflow management system geared towards scientific workflows, originally developed by the Broad Institute based in Cambridge, MA. With Cromwell on Azure, researchers can now leverage the hyperscale compute capabilities of Azure to execute their genomics pipelines.
- Azure implementation of the Broad Institute’s Cromwell workflow engine using the GA4GH Task Execution Service (TES) backend
- Free OSS solution on GitHub made available under the MIT license
- Easy to install, configure, and use
- Leverages Azure Batch for near-infinite scalability
- Supports authenticated access in a workgroup setting using Azure RBAC via file-based API abstraction
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital recently leveraged the Microsoft Genomics serviceLEARN MORE
Mt. Sinai Klein lab
Mt. Sinai Klein lab teams up with MicrosoftLEARN MORE
Codigo and BC Platforms
Codigo, BC Platforms, Microsoft partner to build commercial repository of Latin American genotype dataLEARN MORE
Tap Microsoft Genomics global network partners and their innovative solutions and services – from wet lab sequencing prep to data analytics and interpretation – supporting a broad range of genomics and bioinformatics scenarios.
Updates, Blogs, Articles and Resources
- Powering genomics tools and analysis with cloud computing. Microsoft. 11 Oct 2019.
- Accelerate precision medicine with Microsoft Genomics. Microsoft. 2018
- Harnessing big data in pediatric research to reimagine healthcare.
- St. Jude puts pediatric cancer genomes in the cloud for all.
- St. Jude Cloud to accelerate scientific discoveries through access to real-time clinical genome sequencing data.
- Microsoft unveils genomics innovation and new partners at ASHG 2018.
- Microsoft Expands Azure Software Ecosystem with New Informatics Partnerships.
- Snytsar, R. (2018) Vectorized Character Counting for Faster Pattern Matching.
- Snytsar, R. & Turakhia, Y. (2018) Parallel approach to sliding window sums.
- Oh, MJ. & Cosgun, E. (2018) Exploring the consistency of the quality scores with machine learning for next-generation sequencing experiments.