If your organization is an officially recognized charitable organization you may be able to have access to free Microsoft Translator API use through a sponsored Azure subscription.
Non-profit organizations (e.g., 501(c)(3), Loi 1901)
The text and speech translation service is also available at no cost through the following apps and services:
- Bing (a Microsoft Translator-powered service), for translation of text
- Web Translator, a web application that displays web pages in foreign languages
- Translator apps in the Windows and Windows Phone stores
- Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, OneNote, and Visio
- The Microsoft Translator API in SharePoint
- The platform-agnostic web Microsoft Translator Text API with the free 2M-character/month subscription
Academic institutions, research institutions, and language preservation projects
If you need access to the translator service as part of an academic institution (e.g., a university), research institution, or language preservation project, please contact us to provide us the details of your project.