Warning message... Link to action
Informational message... Link to action
Aliases: No associated aliases
Windows Defender detects and removes this threat.
This threat uses a Java vulnerability to download and run files on your PC, including other malware.
It runs when you visit a hacked or malicious website and you have a vulnerable version of Java.
The following versions of Java are vulnerable:
- JDK and JRE 7 Update 2 and earlier Java SE
- JDK and JRE 6 Update 30 and earlier Java SE
- JDK and JRE 5.0 Update 33 and earlier Java SE
- SDK and JRE 1.4.2_35 and earlier Java SE
- JavaFX 2.0.2 and earlier JavaFX
To check if you're running a vulnerable version of Java:
- In Control Panel, double-click Programs.
- If Java is installed you will see it in the list of installed programs. Click it to open the Java Control Panel.
- On the General tab, click About to see which version of Java you have installed.
You may get an alert about this threat even if you're not using a vulnerable version of Java. This is because we detect when a website tries to use the vulnerability, even if it isn't successful.