Aliases: Adware-Okit!F2AB011D4F26 (McAfee) winpe/Vittalia.PDB (Norman) MSIL/Spacekito.A (Microsoft) Trojan.Gen.2 (Symantec) Win32.SuspectCrc (Ikarus)
Microsoft security software detects and removes this family of threats.
The Spacekito malware family can steal information about your PC and send it to a malicious hacker. They can also install browser plugins that display ads.
Typically, these threats get onto your PC through another installer without your knowledge.
The following free Microsoft software detects and removes these threats:
- Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, or Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Even if we've already detected and removed these threats, running a full scan might find another malware that is hiding on your PC.
Remove browser add-ons
You might need to remove add-ons from your browser:
- Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer
- Disable or remove Add-ons in Firefox
- Uninstall extensions in Chrome
Get more help
If you’re using Windows XP, see our Windows XP end of support page.