Aliases: No associated aliases
Microsoft security software detects and removes this malware family.
This family of malicious browser extensions can post malicious links using your social media profile without your knowledge. They can also track which websites you visit and redirect you to malicious websites.
These threats mostly target Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
They spread through links posted on social networking sites that redirect your web browser to malicious websites that can install malware onto your PC.
The following free Microsoft software detects and removes this threat:
- Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, or Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
- Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Even if we've already detected and removed this particular threat, running a full scan might find other malware that is hiding on your PC.
Remove browser add-ons
You may need to remove add-ons from your browser:
- Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer
- Disable or remove Add-ons in Firefox
- Uninstall extensions in Chrome
Get more help
If you’re using Windows XP, see our Windows XP end of support page.