Call from Teams, Outlook, or a mobile device
Let others know when you’re available, on a call, or out of the office. Call to and from Teams apps.
Start a call with screen sharing and video. Add colleagues to turn a one-on-one call into a group call.
Maintain control with do not disturb, reverse number lookup, voicemail, and delegation.
Start calls faster and always get clear audio with Microsoft Teams Calling, backed by Microsoft 365.
Provision users, assign numbers, and port existing numbers from your Microsoft 365 admin console.
Answer inbound calls and easily route them to the right queues. Set parameters to route calls by time zone, language, or availability.
Connect to your favorite contact center software.
Quickly procure and assign numbers or port existing phone numbers. Available in ten countries.
Access voicemail messages and transcriptions anywhere from any device.
Have a consistent Teams experience on personal and shared devices.
Create custom greetings, play music for customers waiting on hold, and set up shared voicemail.
Easily connect to partner compliance recording solutions.
Use your existing telecommunications providers by directly connecting their SIP trunks to Microsoft Teams.
Add flexibility to meetings with a dial-in number, included in every online meeting.
Scott Poulter, Director of Systems Application and Transformation, Network Operations Center, CenturyLink
Andy Doyle, Head of IT Services, Boston Limited
IT Director of Workplace Technologies,
Add Voice Calling in Microsoft Teams to your current Microsoft 365 E1 or E3 plan to get the calling features every organization needs. Contact sales for custom pricing.
Get a detailed list of the standard subscription and pay-per-minute rates for your agreement by country or region and by currency. Communications Credits rates are for charges that are not included in your subscription plan.4
Select the country or region for your organization’s billing address.
Calling refers to the capability of people to make and receive calls in Microsoft Teams. Microsoft 365 subscriptions include Teams Calling from one Teams app to another Teams app. Making and receiving calls to and from landlines and mobile phones on the public switch telephone network (PSTN) in Teams is available with an add-on like Microsoft 365 Business Voice or is included in Microsoft 365 E5. These options provide a cloud-based phone system in Teams with features such as hold, and blind and safe transfers, and reporting features for professionals who manage calling solutions.
A Calling Plan provides users with a primary phone number and calling minutes to make and receive phone calls. A domestic Calling Plan is included in Business Voice or can be added onto Microsoft 365 E5.
Direct Routing allows customers to connect their telecom voice trunks directly to Microsoft 365 so people can make and receive calls. Customers can work with their local telecommunications provider to connect their voice trunks through a certified session border controller (SBC) to Microsoft 365 and Phone System. This will be available in any country where Microsoft Teams and Phone System are licensed. Direct Routing is part of the Teams-compatible Phone System.
There are two offers for small and medium-sized businesses. Microsoft 365 Business Voice with Calling Plan combines Phone System, Audio Conferencing, and a domestic Calling Plan. Microsoft 365 Business Voice without Calling Plan combines Phone System and Audio Conferencing which requires a calling plan from a service provider.
For enterprises: Phone System and Audio Conferencing are included in Office 365 E5 and Microsoft 365 E5. Calling Plans can be added on, or they can all be purchased separately.
Business Voice with Calling Plan is currently available in the US, UK, and Canada. Calling Plans are available for enterprises in the US, UK, and Canada as well as Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Puerto Rico, and Spain. Business Voice without Calling Plan is available in over 70 countries, everywhere Audio Conferencing is available. Phone System for enterprises is available in over 120 countries, everywhere Microsoft 365 is available.
The product features and experience are the same across the offers for small and medium-sized businesses and enterprises. Pricing and availability differ.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice is a cloud-based phone system built for small and medium-sized businesses. It enables users to make, receive, and transfer calls to and from landlines and mobile phones on the public switched telephone network (PSTN) in Microsoft Teams.
It’s designed for small and medium-sized businesses using Microsoft 365 that are seeking a modern phone system. Business Voice can be added onto Microsoft 365 subscriptions that include Microsoft Teams; qualifying plans include Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Business Standard, Business Premium, E3, or A3; Office 365 F3, E1, E3, A1, or A3. You can purchase up to 300 seats of Business Voice. If your company has more than 300 users, learn more about our Enterprise Voice solution.
Business Voice includes Phone System, domestic Calling Plan, and Audio Conferencing. Learn more.
A prepaid wallet (known as Communications Credits) is available for adding toll-free, additional minutes, and other pay-per-minute charges.
An optional international Calling Plan that includes 600 minutes per user per month can be purchased as an add-on to Business Voice.
Businesses operating in the US, UK, and Canada can purchase Business Voice. In other countries, Business Voice may be available through Microsoft partners who provide dial tone services. Find a Microsoft partner in your area.
You can learn how to plan, set up, and use Business Voice on the Microsoft 365 Business Voice documentation page.
Yes, you can transfer your phone numbers from your current service provider. After you port your phone numbers over, Microsoft will become your service provider.
Yes, customers can work with their Microsoft partner to bring their own calling plan. A configuration called Direct Routing allows customers to connect voice trunks directly from their network to Microsoft Teams or interconnect other telephony entities such as call centers or analog devices.
The Microsoft 365 Business Voice subscription (without Calling Plan) is specifically designed for this situation and is available in over 70 countries, except Australia. Contact your partner and ask them if they're offering it. If you don't have a Microsoft partner, you can find a partner on the Microsoft website.
Microsoft 365 Business Voice is experienced through the Microsoft Teams apps. Devices certified for Teams, provide a seamless Teams experience on desk phones, conference phones, and meeting room systems. Learn more about Microsoft Teams certified devices. For available devices check out the Microsoft Teams Devices Marketplace.
Business Voice works with devices certified for Skype for Business with features in this list. In 2023, these devices will no longer work with Business Voice.
Got a suggestion? We’d love to hear from you. Here are three ways to share feedback:
* Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
1. The Microsoft 365 Business Voice service components of domestic Calling Plan and Audio Conferencing are sold inclusive of all required taxes and fees, including 911 fees and other transactional taxes that typically apply to communication services in the US. The price includes these taxes and fees until June 30, 2021. The Phone System component is sold tax exclusive and any applicable sales tax will appear as a separate charge in the US.
2. Included minutes are pooled at the tenant level. Additional minutes will be charged per minute using Communications Credits.
3. Can be added on to a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for a maximum of 300 seats. Qualifying plans include: Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Business Standard, Business Premium, E3 or A3; Office 365 F3, E1, E3, A1, or A3.
4. Rates listed (for tenants provisioned in the US) do not include tax. International dial-out rates are subject to change monthly, and individual rates are not locked during the term of your agreement. Changes will be minimized where possible to avoid disruption while ensuring prices remain competitive with local market rates and conditions.
5. Download standard subscription or pay-per-minute rates. Standard subscription rates include dial-in calls to toll-free numbers, and dial-out calls. Pay-per-minute rates include dial-in calls to toll numbers, dial-in calls to toll-free numbers, and dial-out calls.