Microsoft Teams Phone
Teams Phone—more than a cloud phone system. Experience smart communication and seamless collaboration with the only calling solution native to Teams.
Flexible and easy to use
Communicate and collaborate effortlessly across devices and spaces with intuitive, seamless calling.
Intelligent and connected
Create meaningful engagements with intelligent capabilities that connect your business and increase productivity
Secure, reliable, and easy to manage
Save time and enjoy peace of mind with a reliable and secure calling solution that is easy to manage.
Learn how Microsoft helped customers achieve more efficient and effective communication, lower costs, and help IT teams save time in the commissioned Forrester study: The Total Economic Impact™ Of Microsoft Teams Phone.2
According to new research by GigaOm, Microsoft has the highest average score for voice quality—with network and server uptime at par with competitors—and offers competitive service level agreements with generous service credits.3
Simplified, enterprise-grade calling in Microsoft Teams
Basic call control
Connect with your team, customers, and partners with voice and video calls from a Teams chat, the Calls app, or the public switched telephone network (PSTN).
Make and answer calls
Make one-on-one or group calls directly from a chat or use the dial pad to call a phone number.
Bring someone else into your one-on-one or group call with the merge function.
Transfer and ring back
Transfer a call to a colleague and select ring back if there’s no answer.
Transfer calls between devices
Whether on the go or at a desk, at home, or in the office, transfer calls from one device to another while on a call.
Access your voicemail
Access, listen to, and review your voicemails using playback controls, voicemail summary, and transcripts.
Transcribe your calls
Transcribe calls no matter where you are. Focus on what’s being said, knowing you’ll be able to go back to the recording and transcription afterwards.
Call on the go with Apple Carplay
Join calls and meetings using your vehicle’s built-in controls or hands-free with Siri.
Advanced call control
Meet the needs of your evolving business with modern phone capabilities.
Let people call your organization and navigate a menu system to speak to the right department, call queue, person, or an operator.
Route callers to people in your organization who can help with a particular issue or question.
Collaborate and share information within the channel while taking calls in the call queue.
Automatically display information via web browser window when an incoming call is answered by a call queue agent.
Copilot in Teams Phone
Add generative AI capabilities to phone calls to get real-time summarization and insights.
Make phone calls using PSTN connectivity options combined with the Teams Phone system.
Manage your PSTN calling and session border controllers (SBCs) with participating operators in the Microsoft Operator Connect program.
Teams Phone Mobile
Seamlessly integrate your users' mobile identities with Teams. Assign a single number and implement a solution that works across network and devices.
Connect your SBCs to Teams Phone to use your own PSTN operator.
Microsoft Teams Calling Plans
Take advantage of this all-in-the-cloud solution with Microsoft as your PSTN operator.
Support customer interaction work streams, using Teams as the hub for internal and external customer connections.
Microsoft Digital Contact Center Platform
Quickly set up phone systems for agents to assist customers on a scalable platform built, owned, and operated by Microsoft.
Contact center partner integrations
Use your existing contact center solution together with Teams Phone for a more connected contact center experience.
Experience instant, high-quality audio and video communication everywhere you work with seamless transitions across devices.
Desk phones and Teams displays
Make and receive calls from devices certified for use with Teams, including intuitive screens and controls to enhance the Teams calling experience.
Choose from a variety of headsets certified for Teams—wired, Bluetooth, over the ear, or on the ear—to suit every preference or need.
Connect with USB- or Bluetooth-enabled speakerphone options to easily scale audio based on the room size and number of meeting participants.
Add your Microsoft Teams plan today
Microsoft Teams Phone Standard
Originally starting from $8.00 now starting from $8.00
(Annual subscription–auto renews)4
Cloud-based phone system
Make and receive voice and video calls over PSTN or an internet connection
- Join calls from a range of devices and seamlessly transfer calls between devices
Add operator PSTN service with Operator Connect or Direct Routing
Combine mobile calling plans with Operator Connect Mobile
99.99% uptime SLA
Teams Phone with Calling Plan (country zone 1 - US)
Teams Essentials and Teams Phone with domestic calling
Includes Teams Phone with Calling Plan and Teams Essentials, featuring:
Phone number and PSTN service from Microsoft
Unlimited meetings and messaging
File sharing, tasks, and polling
10 GB of cloud storage per user
Microsoft 365 E5
Originally starting from $57.00 now starting from $57.00
Everything included in Teams Phone Standard
Productivity apps and services
Enterprise-grade security and compliance
Save up to 33% when you buy Teams Essentials and Teams Phone together
Save money and boost collaboration with Teams Essentials plus Teams Phone—now starting at $8 per person per month. Improve workflows by simplifying communications channels with chat, video, file sharing, and calling.10
What customers say about Teams Phone
AHW uses Teams Phone to transform the way it communicates with customers and improve its selling process.
Reed uses Teams Phone to untether workers from their desks, improving productivity and morale.
Isuzu Motors Limited
Isuzu Motors Limited drives workplace flexibility and efficiency with Teams Phone.
Custom pricing available
Add Teams Phone to your current Microsoft 365 plan to get the calling features every organization needs. Contact Sales for custom pricing.
See rates for where you want to call
Get a detailed list of the stndard subscription and pay-per-minute rates for your agreement by country or region and by currency. Communications Credits rates are for charges not included in your subscription plan.7
Frequently asked questions
Teams subscriptions include Teams Phone and enable calls from one Teams app to another. Making and receiving calls to and from landlines and mobile phones on the PSTN in Teams is available with an add-on such as Teams Phone Standard or Teams Phone with Calling Plan or is included in Microsoft 365 E5. These options provide a cloud-based phone system in Teams with features such as hold, blind and safe transfers, and reporting features for professionals who manage calling solutions.
It replaces traditional PBXs and enables key calling capabilities with a cloud-based call control system that provides the overall telephony workload for Microsoft Teams.
A calling plan provides customers with a primary phone number and calling minutes to make and receive phone calls. A domestic calling plan is included in Teams Phone with Calling Plan or can be added onto Microsoft 365 E5.9
Yes. You can transfer your phone numbers from your current service provider. After you port your phone numbers over, Microsoft will become your service provider.
Yes, customers can work with their Microsoft partner to bring their own calling plan. A configuration called Direct Routing allows customers to connect voice trunks directly from their network to Teams or interconnect other telephony entities, such as call centers or analog devices.
Microsoft Teams Phone Standard is a standalone subscription (without a calling plan) that is specifically designed for this situation.
Devices certified for Teams provide a seamless Teams experience on desk phones, conference phones, and meeting room systems. Learn more about Microsoft Teams-certified devices. For available devices go to the Microsoft Teams Devices Marketplace.
Teams supports a portfolio of desk phones for customers requiring a traditional phone experience.
To deliver a high-quality and reliable Teams experience on phones, Microsoft is partnering and actively working with Yealink, Crestron, Lenovo, Polycom, and Audiocodes to develop and certify a wide portfolio of desk phones and conference room audio devices. To get the latest information on Teams devices, go to Teams Devices Marketplace.
There are two offers for small and medium-sized businesses:
- Teams Phone with Calling Plan combines a phone system and a domestic calling plan.
- Teams Phone Standard without a calling plan provides a phone system that requires a calling plan from a service provider.
For enterprises: A phone system and audio conferencing are included in Office 365 E5 and Microsoft 365 E5. A Teams calling plan can be added or it can all be purchased separately. Enterprises can also add Teams Phone with Calling Plan as an add-on to qualifying subscriptions.
Teams Phone with Calling Plan is currently available in 35 markets. See country and region availability. A phone system is available in more than 120 countries, everywhere Microsoft 365 is available.
The product features and experience are the same across the offers for small and medium-sized businesses and enterprises. Pricing and availability may differ.
A Teams Phone with Calling Plan package is a cloud-based phone system that enables users to make, receive, and transfer calls to and from landlines and mobile phones on the PSTN in Teams. Teams Phone with Calling Plan includes a phone system and a domestic calling plan—available in 35 markets.
Teams Phone with Calling Plan is designed for small and medium-sized businesses and enterprise customers using Microsoft 365 that are seeking a modern phone system. Teams Phone with Calling Plan can be added onto Microsoft Teams Essentials or Microsoft 365 subscriptions that include Microsoft Teams. Qualifying plans include Microsoft 365 Business Basic, Business Standard, Business Premium, E3, or A3; Office 365 E1, E3, A1, or A3; and Teams Essentials.
A Teams Phone with Calling Plan includes a phone system and a domestic calling plan. Learn more.
A prepaid wallet (known as Communications Credits) is available for adding toll-free, additional minutes, and other pay-per-minute charges.
An optional international calling plan that includes 600 minutes per person per month can be purchased as an add-on.
Businesses operating across 35 markets: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (UK), United States (US). Go to this Microsoft Teams documentation page to learn how to plan, set up, and use Teams Phone with Calling Plan.
Got a suggestion? We’d love to hear from you. Here are three ways to share feedback:
- Microsoft Teams desktop app—Select Help on the bottom left. Then select Report a problem or Suggest a feature.
- Microsoft Tech Community—Ask questions and join discussions.
Learn more about Microsoft Teams
Empower your team to collaborate seamlessly with file sharing and project management on one centralized platform.
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
Elevate your business communication with the VoIP feature, enabling crystal-clear voice calls and real-time collaboration.
Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
Transform your organization's telephony system with PBX capabilities, providing a reliable and flexible solution for managing internal and external calls efficiently.
Business phone systems
Enhance your company's communication infrastructure with comprehensive business phone systems, enabling seamless connectivity and advanced call management features.
Unified communications as a service (UCaaS)
Streamline your communication channels with UCaaS, an all-in-one solution that combines voice, video, and messaging capabilities, empowering your team to collaborate effectively from anywhere.
Microsoft Teams Phone
Experience enhanced productivity and seamless communication that integrates your Teams business phone system directly into the platform.
Take your organization's calling capabilities to the next level with the enterprise-grade Teams calling feature, delivering high-quality voice and video calls, advanced call routing, and robust security measures.
Voice and video calling
Connect face-to-face with colleagues, clients, and partners through the video calling feature, enabling immersive virtual meetings and fostering collaboration across distances.
Get started with Microsoft Teams today
-  Gartner is a registered trademark and service mark and Magic Quadrant is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service, Worldwide, by Rafael Benitez, Megan Fernandez, Christopher Trueman, Pankil Sheth, 28 November 2022.
-  The Total Economic Impact™ Of Microsoft Teams Phone, a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, December 2022.
-  GigaOm, Hands-On Field Test: Voice Services Comparison, Competitive Voice Services Reliability Benchmark v1.0, Dana Hernandez, September 13, 2022.
-  Cancellation policies for paid subscriptions may vary based on factors such as your customer status, your product, and your domain selections on Microsoft. You may cancel your subscription at any time in the Microsoft 365 admin center. Certain subscriptions may incur a cancellation fee. Learn how to cancel your Microsoft 365 subscription. When a subscription is canceled, all associated data will be deleted. Learn more about data retention, deletion, and destruction in Microsoft 365.
-  The Microsoft Teams Phone with Calling Plan service component—domestic calling plan—is sold inclusive of all required taxes and fees, including 911 fees and other transactional taxes that typically apply to communication services in the US. The price includes these taxes and fees. The phone system component is sold tax-exclusive and any applicable sales tax will appear as a separate charge in the US.
-  Domestic Calling Plan includes 3,000 minutes for the US and UK, and 1,200 minutes for the rest of world.
-  Rates listed (for tenants provisioned in the US) do not include tax. International dial-out rates are subject to change monthly, and individual rates are not locked during the term of your agreement. Changes will be minimized where possible to avoid disruption while ensuring prices remain competitive with local market rates and conditions.
-  Download standard subscription or pay-per-minute rates. Standard subscription rates include dial-in calls to toll-free numbers, and dial-out calls. Pay-per-minute rates include dial-in calls to toll numbers, dial-in calls to toll-free numbers, and dial-out calls.
-  Availability of audio conferencing and calling plans varies by country and region. See supported countries and regions for more information.
-  The discount offer is available to new and existing customers who license a 12-month Microsoft Teams Essentials and Microsoft Teams Phone bundle (with or without a Microsoft Teams calling plan) through Direct and CSP direct channels between July 17, 2023, and January 17, 2024. This promotion is valid in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. This annual subscription automatically renews and is subject to recurring billing at the regular price and selected term. Customers can cancel at any time to stop future charges. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice. Learn more about recurring billing in the U.K.