Aliases: W97M_DLOAD.YKW (Trend Micro)
Use the following free Microsoft software to detect and remove this threat:
You should also run a full scan. A full scan might find other hidden malware.
Prevent malware infections from spam emails
- For enterprise users:
- Follow the appropriate Exchange Online Protection instructions to suit your business needs.
- Learn about how Office 365 can help you block spam using machine learning. See First look at Advanced Threat Protection: new tools to stop unknown malware & phishing attacks for details.
- Be aware of the dangers in opening suspicious emails. Don't open email attachments or links from untrusted sources.
- The Microsoft SmartScreen filter can also help detect spam. It’s built-in and enabled by default in Microsoft email programs.
- Submit spam and non-spam messages to Microsoft for analysis.
Get more help
If you’re using Windows XP, see our Windows XP end of support page.