Take advantage of built-in Windows 10 security features that can help you protect personal data and stay secure and accelerate your path to GDPR compliance.
Windows 10 Security, management, and control
Windows 10 powers businesses to do great things while protecting critical information. With robust security, management, and productivity features, Windows 10 provides what businesses need. Security features such as Windows Information Protection (WIP), Windows Hello, and BitLocker protect from unauthorized access to corporate resources. Windows Defender Antivirus—powered by cloud intelligence and machine learning—identifies and isolates the latest malware before it can infect your network. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) provides a holistic view of your organization and sends alerts in the event of advanced attacks and data breaches.
Windows 10 is built to protect what matters most to you.Learn more about Windows 10
Microsoft understands that our customers need to comply with their national, regional, and industry-specific requirements. Windows 10 has been certified against security standards by independent third-party evaluators, which demonstrates that Windows 10 has been designed with security in mind. In addition, Microsoft is committed to optimizing the security of Windows 10 by supporting the Common Criteria certification program, an international standard for computer security certification.
Windows Analytics provides data-driven insights that reduce the cost of deploying, servicing, and supporting Windows 10. Now you can leverage rich, actionable information to help you gain deep insights into operational efficiency and the health of Windows 10 devices in your environment.
At Microsoft, we value the privacy of our customers and enable you to control your data. This starts with making sure you get meaningful information about how and why data is collected and used, so you can make the choices that are right for you across our products and services.
We earn customer trust every day by focusing on six privacy principles which are described at privacy.microsoft.com. These principles guide the implementation of the Windows diagnostic data system in the following ways:
- Control. We will put you in control of your privacy with easy-to-use tools and clear choices.
- Transparency. We will be transparent abut data collection and use so you can make informed decisions.
- Security. We will protect the data you entrust to us through strong security and encryption.
- Strong legal protections. We will respect customers’ local privacy laws and fight for legal protection of your privacy as a fundamental human right.
- No content-based targeting. We will not use your email, chat, files, or other personal content to target ads to you.
- Benefits to you. When we do collect data, we will use it to benefit you and to make your experiences better.