Windows Server 2016
Take advantage of built-in features in Windows Server 2016 that help increase your ability to protect, detect, and defend against attacks that can lead to data breaches. Plus, additional layers of protection help block malicious software that can exploit vulnerabilities, reducing your data privacy risk.
About Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2016 is a cloud-ready operating system that enhances security and reduces risk with multiple layers of built-in protection. It provides Microsoft Azure-inspired innovation for the applications and infrastructure that power your business. Windows Server 2016 brings flexibility and control to your datacenter while lowering costs with software-defined compute, storage, and networking—using many of the same cloud-efficient features found in Azure datacenters.
Your developers can innovate and create on-premises and cloud applications using the latest technology such as containers and microservices.Learn more about Windows Server 2016
Achieve your compliance goals
Companies in many industries are bound by extensive regulations regarding the use, transmission, and storage of customer data. Windows Server 2016 complies with the Common Criteria and Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS 140-2). Windows Server 2016 compliance is verified by third-party audits and certifications—so you know that the data you entrust to Microsoft is held in accordance with strict industry standards.
In addition, the following describes how windows can help goals.
Control information that is collected
Microsoft is committed to improving our customers’ experiences through our investments in artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and data. The data from Windows devices helps us operate and improve our products and services, and provides our customers with richer, more personal experiences.
- Operational data—such as diagnostics data—enables us to provide you with core operating system services, such as Windows Update, and gives every enterprise customer a voice in helping shape future versions of Windows. We can provide responses to your feedback, and your feedback helps us define new features and improve quality.
- Functional data is created and used by specific applications or components of Windows, such as Cortana and Bing, and gives you customized experiences that help increase your productivity and enjoyment of your Windows devices.
We provide organizations and users with control over how information is collected so you can choose the best fit for your organization.Learn more about Windows diagnostics data privacy
Visibility into our practices
We are committed to transparency and trust:
- We are open with customers about the types of data we gather.
- We put enterprise customers in control—they can customize their own privacy settings.
- We put customer privacy and security first.
- We are transparent about how data diagnostics are used.
- We use diagnostics data to improve customer experiences.
E-Book: The Ultimate Guide to Windows Server 2016
Take advantage of IT innovation while reducing security risks and disruptions. Learn how Windows Server 2016 provides new layers of security, datacenter efficiency, and agility in application development backed by Microsoft Azure, one of the world’s largest cloud datacenters.Download the free e-book