Windows telemetry privacy
Microsoft is committed to improving our customers’ experiences in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. The data from Windows devices helps us operate and improve our products and services, and provide our customers with richer, more personal experiences.
- Operational data, such as telemetry, enables us to provide you with core operating system services, such as Windows Update, and gives every enterprise customer a voice in helping shape future versions of Windows. We can provide quick responses to your feedback and your feedback helps us define new features and improve quality.
- Functional data is created and used by specific applications or components of Windows, such as Cortana and Bing, and gives you customized experiences that help increase your productivity and enjoyment of your Windows devices.
We also provide organizations and users with control over how information is collected. Enterprise management capabilities, through Group Policy or registry settings, provide granular control over the type of data collected by Microsoft, so you can choose the best fit for your organization.
Product feature overviews
- Principles, policies, and practices FAQ
- Configure Windows telemetry in your organization
- Manage connections from Windows operating system components to Microsoft services
- Windows Server 2016 and System Center 2016 telemetry
- Privacy and Windows 10
- Windows Server blog
- Privacy at Microsoft
- Microsoft Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding Windows telemetry privacy that are not answered in the resources on this site, please contact email@example.com.