In a world where data breaches and government requests for access to online customer information are daily occurrences, it is essential for organizations to choose a cloud service provider that makes every effort to protect customer data. Microsoft is committed to the highest levels of trust, transparency, standards conformance, and regulatory compliance. Our broad suite of cloud products and services are all built from the ground up to address the most rigorous security and privacy demands of our customers.
To help organizations comply with national, regional, and industry-specific requirements governing the collection and use of individuals’ data, Microsoft provides the most comprehensive set of compliance offerings (including certifications and attestations) of any cloud service provider.
The Trust Center site provides legal and compliance teams with a comprehensive repository of information resources designed to help them understand and verify the compliance requirements of their organization’s cloud deployments.
- See all compliance offerings
- Perform a risk assessment and assess the compliance of Microsoft cloud services
- See all resources
Helping the legal community
Microsoft provides compliance information on the Trust Center site to help the legal and compliance community to:
- Understand the requirements and implications of standards conformance and regulatory compliance for cloud computing workloads
- Articulate the value of compliance, how to use it as a competitive advantage and make more informed purchase decisions
- Learn how Microsoft protects customers by requiring that all government requests for data access strictly respect proper legal procedures and due process
Think Cloud Compliance initiative
As part of the Microsoft legal group’s Think Cloud Compliance initiative, we are creating a series of white papers and other resources to help you meet compliance and learn more about our commitment to build trust in our cloud services.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The European Union will start to enforce the GDPR in May 2018. Microsoft Cloud can help you stay focused on your core business while efficiently becoming compliant with the GDPR.
Keeping trust at the heart of technology
Brad Smith, Microsoft President and Chief Legal Officer, talks about trust in his open letter to the legal and compliance community.
- Microsoft cloud assurance – legal and regulatory compliance for cloud computing
- Cloud Services Due Diligence Checklist overview
- New international standards will help cloud customers understand and control risk
- Achieving trust and compliance in the cloud
- Secure biometric authentication: A fundamental building block for achieving trusted cloud services