IT pros and HR managers
Check if your company is eligible for the Microsoft Home Use Program.
Access your world, anywhere
Protect your digital assets
Frequently asked questions
The Microsoft Home Use Program allows employees at eligible companies to buy an annual subscription of Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal at a discount for use on personal devices.
*Note – If your company participated in the previous HUP program and you are looking for additional product offerings, please refer to the question below: Why does the Home Use Program experience look different, and what has changed?
Office 365 is an annual subscription that includes premium versions of the Office apps that you can use across all your devices (Office 365 Home - Up to 6 Users, Office 365 Personal – 1 User), monthly exclusive feature updates, and 1 TB of cloud storage per user. Easily create, access, organize, and protect everything in your life. Office 365 helps you create your best documents, spreadsheets, and presentations with built-in intelligence and up-to-date features. Securely sync and share; all within the premium apps you know and trust.
Employees who work at a company that satisfies the Home Use Program eligibility requirements.
1. Sign Up: Visit the Microsoft Home Use Program page. Enter your corporate email address. Click on ‘Get Started’ button.
2. Confirm: If you are eligible, an email will be sent to your corporate email address inbox with a link that will validate your eligibility for the program.
3. Sign In: Once your eligibility is confirmed and you register for the program with your personal Microsoft account that is associated with your personal email address, you can begin the purchase process by viewing the discounts available to you based on your Home Use Program benefit eligibility.
4. Shop: Your purchase is processed and completed in the Microsoft Store. You, the eligible employee, can install Office 365 on your personal devices after the purchase is complete. Once you have purchased Office 365 Home, you can share your subscription with up to 5 additional members of your household.
You’ll need your corporate email address, a Microsoft account that’s associated with your personal email address, and a valid form of payment.
Yes. If you already have Office 365 Home or Office 365 Personal, you can still take advantage of this discount. Once you purchase, additional time is added to your existing subscription, and the discounted rate will begin at your existing subscription’s annual renewal date. Be sure to specify the Microsoft account that’s associated with your current Office 365 subscription during the purchase process.
• Share with your household – for up to 6 people.
• For one person
Microsoft is updating the Home Use Program to offer discounts on the latest and most up to date products such as Office 365, which is always up to date with premium versions of Office apps across all your devices.
If you are a customer of the previous program looking for discounts on Office Professional Plus 2019, Office Home and Business 2019, Visio Professional 2019, and/or Project Professional 2019 please go through the eligibility validation process and, once signed in with your personal Microsoft account, go to the “Other Office products” to purchase these products. If you do not see expected discounts applied, please contact your employer’s Home Use Program administrator to ask about these additional benefits.