- Named after his grandfather Raj Kapoor, whose first name is Ranbir Raj.
- Sustained an inch-long cut on his right cheek while rushing to the lavatory and falling face-first on the pot when he was a kid.
- First worked as an assistant to his father who directed the film Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999), right after he appeared for his ICSE Board exams.
- Worked as an assistant director for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's movie Black (2005), which bagged eleven Filmfare Awards.
- Debuted with the movie Saawariya (2007). The role won him the Filmfare Best Male Debut Award.
International Indian Film Academy Awards
Zee Cine Awards
Global India Film Awards
Portions of content provided by Tivo Corporation - © 2021 Tivo Corporation