Publications, seminars, and conferences guidelines
These publications, seminars, and conferences guidelines allow you to use Microsoft word-only Trademarks (the “Marks”) in the title of publications, seminars, and conferences solely in accordance with the terms of these guidelines.
You may use the Marks in the title of publications, seminars, and conferences provided:
- The Marks are directly related to a specific Microsoft product or service that is referenced in the publication, seminar, or conference.
- Your name and logo appear more prominently than the Mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference.
- You prominently display a disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Microsoft like the example below, on the publication and/or any related print materials:
[Title] is an independent [publication / seminar / conference] and is neither affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or approved by, Microsoft Corporation.
You may not:
- Use the Marks as the leading word or most prominent element in your publication, seminar, or conference title.
- Use the Marks more prominently than your product, service, or company name.
- Use the Marks in a way that may cause confusion about ownership of the Mark or whether your product or service is a Microsoft product.
- Use the Marks on promotional merchandise that you are selling or distributing (such as t-shirts, travel mugs, etc.).
- Use the Marks in a way that would damage Microsoft's reputation or goodwill in the Marks.
- Alter, animate, or distort the Marks or combine them with any other symbols, words, images, or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan.
- Use any Microsoft logos.
If you include a trademark footnote in your materials to give notice of ownership of your trademarks or third-party trademarks, you must add the following wording to your trademark footnote: "All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners."
Microsoft is the sole owner of the Marks and associated goodwill. Microsoft will be the sole beneficiary of any goodwill associated with your use of the Marks.
Microsoft reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
Microsoft may revoke these publications, seminars, and conference guidelines, generally or as applied to your use, at any time at its sole discretion.