Identity Manager 2016 (SP1)
Get started for free
Please select your product experience:
Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM) 2016 builds on the identity and access management capabilities of Forefront Identity Manager and predecessor technologies. MIM provides integration with heterogeneous platforms across the datacenter, including on-premises HR systems, directories, and databases. MIM augments Azure AD cloud-hosted services by enabling the organization to have the right users in Active Directory for on-premises apps.
Common MIM scenarios include:
- Automatic identity and group provisioning based on business policy and workflow-driven provisioning
- Integration of the contents of directories with HR systems and other sources of authority
- Synchronizing identities between directories, databases, and on-premises applications through common APIs and protocols, Microsoft-delivered connectors, and partner-delivered connectors
Identity Manager 2016 Service Pack 1 empowers users with self-service password reset and embeds self-help tools in Office and Windows so users can manage routine aspects of identity and access, gives IT professionals rich administrative tools and enhanced automation, and delivers .NET, REST and Web Services-based extensibility for developers.
Need more information? Checkout product documentation.
English (Additional languages are available by installing a language pack)
Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 | Service Pack 1 - ISO
- Review Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 (SP1) technical documentation
- Register, then download and install full-featured software for a 180-day trial
- Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation
Platform support and dependencies
- Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 and later
- Add-ins and extensions: Windows 7 x86 and later, Office Outlook 2010 and later
- MIM Sync and MIM Service database: SQL Server 2008 R2 and later
- MIM Portal: SharePoint 2010 and later
- MIM Reporting data warehouse: SCSM 2010 SP1 and later
Product Resources | Microsoft Identity Manager technical documentation
Getting Started Guide | Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 updates
Product Resources | Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 developer documentation
Configuration Manager helps IT manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status while giving employees access to corporate applications on the devices that they choose.
The Microsoft Endpoint Manager Evaluation Lab Kit provides a self-deploying Configuration Manager lab environment and guidance on using this unified platform to deploy and manage Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise. At the end of this lab, you will become familiar with using certain key features of Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager in the unified Microsoft Endpoint Manager administration console.
Get stated with the Microsoft Endpoint Manager Evaluation Lab Kit
Microsoft Intune is a cloud-based service that focuses on mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM). Control how your organization’s devices are used—including mobile phones, tablets, laptops—and configure specific policies to control applications.
Get started with Microsoft Intune
Microsoft Defender for Identity (formerly Azure Advanced Threat Protection, also known as Azure ATP) is a cloud-based security solution that leverages your on-premises Active Directory signals to identify, detect, and investigate advanced threats, compromised identities, and malicious insider actions directed at your organization.
Get started with Microsoft Defender for Identity1
1: Microsoft Defender for Identity is a part of the Enterprise Mobility + Security E5 trial
Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 offers a comprehensive solution for managing identities, credentials, and identity-based access policies across heterogeneous environments.
Get started with Identity Manager 2016