SQL Server Evaluations
Registration is required for this evaluation.
Click continue to begin your evaluation.Loading...
Your download has started. This download has multiple files.
If the download did not start automatically, click the button below.We're sorry. A technical error has been encountered, and we are unable to deliver the download to you. Our technical team is working on it now. Please try again later.You can only download this evaluation from a desktop computer.Please select your language:
SQL Server 2019 continues to push the boundaries of security, availability, and performance for all your data workloads, now with new compliance tools, higher performance on the latest hardware, and high availability on Windows, Linux and containers. Enhanced PolyBase enables you to query other databases like Oracle, Teradata, and Mongo DB directly from SQL Server without moving or copying the data. And for the first time, SQL Server 2019 goes beyond relational database withSpark and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) in the box—for big data capabilities built-in.
Intelligence over any data
SQL Server is a hub for data integration. Deliver transformational insights over structured and unstructured data with the power of SQL and Spark built-in.
Choice of language and platform
Build modern applications using any data, any language—on-premises and in the cloud, now on Windows, Linux, and Docker containers.
Take advantage of breakthrough scalability, performance, and availability for mission-critical, intelligent applications and data warehouses.
Enhance security with encryption at rest and in motion. SQL Server is the least vulnerable database over the last 8 years in the NIST vulnerabilities database.
Make faster, better decisions
Whether the robust enterprise reporting capabilities of SQL Server Reporting Services or the rich, interactive visuals from Power BI, SQL Server works with your favorite reporting tools.
English, German, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Italian, French, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Portuguese (Brazilian)
- SQL Server 2019
- Review SQL Server 2019 release notes and system requirements
- Register, then download and install the preview for a 180-day trial
- Receive email with resources to guide you through your preview
SQL Server Easy Installer (SSEI) file:
Note: You must have administrative rights on the computer to install SQL Server. Selecting Download will download the SQL Server installer. After running the installer, it will provide you the options to perform an immediate ‘Basic’ installation of the SQL Engine, a full ‘Custom’ installation, or to download the media only.
If you select to download media only versus doing an installation, two media download formats are available to the folder of your choice:
- SQL Server DVD (ISO) Image: You can use the ISO image to mount and/or burn your own DVD. After the SQL Server installer downloads SQLServervNext-x64-<language>.iso:
- Right click on SQLServervNext-x64-<language>.iso and select “Mount”. Locate and execute setup.exe on the mounted device to begin the installation.
- Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
- SQL Server CAB file: The SQL Server installer will download the following compressed files:
Once the download has completed, double click on SQLServervNext-x64-<language>.exe to begin the installation process.
SQL Server Linux Container Image:
For instructions on how to pull and run SQL Server in a Linux container, please go to the SQL Server Linux container image on Docker Hub.
SQL Server on Linux:
For instructions on how to obtain and install SQL Server on Linux, please go to the SQL Server webpage.
SQL Server big data analytics:
Try the latest version of SQL Server with hands-on support from the Microsoft engineering team by singing up for the Early Adopter Program (EAP). The big data cluster feature is currently available only through the EAP program.
Key Notes About SQL Server:
- The Microsoft SQL Server release is NOT supported by Microsoft Customer Services and Support (CSS).
- The Microsoft SQL Server release is available for testing purposes only and should NOT be installed and used in production environments.
- If you have questions or concerns that come up during your testing and evaluation, we encourage you to use the UserVoice forum for SQL Server to search for answers or ask new questions.
SQL Server 2019 WebsiteProduct Resources | Last Visited:SQL Server 2019 WebsiteProduct Resources
SQL Server Blog (English)Community | Last Visited:SQL Server Blog (English)Community
UserVoice Forum for SQL ServerProduct Resources | Last Visited:UserVoice Forum for SQL ServerProduct Resources
Try Azure Data StudioProduct Resources | Last Visited:Try Azure Data StudioProduct Resources
Get started with code samples (English)Product Resources | Last Visited:Get started with code samples (English)Product Resources
Download SQL developer tools (English)Product Resources | Last Visited:Download SQL developer tools (English)Product Resources
SQL Server System RequirementsProduct Resources | Last Visited:SQL Server System RequirementsProduct Resources
SQL Server Release NotesGetting Started Guides | Last Visited:SQL Server Release NotesGetting Started Guides