SQL Server 2019
SQL Server 2019 continues to push the boundaries of security, availability, and performance for all your data workloads, now with new compliance tools, higher performance on the latest hardware, and high availability on Windows, Linux and containers. Enhanced PolyBase enables you to query other databases like Oracle, Teradata, and Mongo DB directly from SQL Server without moving or copying the data.
Get started for free
ISO/CAB media formats are available in the executable file:
What you'll love about SQL Server 2019
- Intelligence over all your data
SQL Server is a hub for data integration. Deliver transformational insights by querying across your entire data estate.
- Choice of language and platform
Build modern applications using any data, any language—on-premises and in the cloud, now on Windows, Linux, and Docker containers.
- Industry-leading performance
Take advantage of breakthrough scalability, performance, and availability for mission-critical, intelligent applications and data warehouses.
- Least vulnerable
Enhance security with encryption at rest and in motion. SQL Server is the least vulnerable database over the last 8 years in the NIST vulnerabilities database.
- Make faster, better decisions
Whether the robust enterprise reporting capabilities of SQL Server Reporting Services or the rich, interactive visuals from Power BI, SQL Server works with your favorite reporting tools.
- English, German, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, Russian, Italian, French, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Portuguese (Brazilian)
- SQL Server 2019 | 64-bit ISO
- SQL Server 2019 | 64-bit CAB
- Review SQL Server 2019 system requirements and release notes.
- Register, then download and install full-featured software for a 180-day trial.
- Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation
Note: You must have administrative rights on the computer to install SQL Server 2019.
After downloading and running the installer, you may perform an immediate Basic installation of the SQL Engine, a full Custom installation, or download the media only. If you select to download media only versus doing an installation, two media download formats are available to the folder of your choice:
SQL Server 2019 DVD (ISO) image
You can use the ISO image to mount and/or burn your own DVD.
1. Right click on SQLServervNext-x64-<language>.iso and select Mount.
2. Locate and execute setup.exe on the mounted device to begin the installation.
3. Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image.
4. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
SQL Server 2019 CAB file
The SQL Server installer will download the following compressed files:
SQL Server Linux Container image
For instructions on how to pull and run SQL Server in a Linux container, please go to the SQL Server Linux container image on Docker Hub.
SQL Server on Linux
For instructions on how to obtain and install SQL Server on Linux, please go to the SQL Server webpage.
Key notes about SQL Server
- The Microsoft SQL Server release is NOT supported by Microsoft Customer Services and Support (CSS).
- The Microsoft SQL Server release is available for testing purposes only and should NOT be installed and used in production environments.
- If you have questions or concerns that come up during your testing and evaluation, we encourage you to use the Azure Ideas forum for SQL Server to share your ideas, search for answers or ask new questions.
Product Website | Reinvent your business with SQL Server
Microsoft Docs | SQL Server and Azure SQL technical documentation
Community | Microsoft Tech Community: SQL Server
Getting Started Guide | Get the free e-book Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2019
Product Resource | SQL Server developer tools
How to Buy | Pricing and licensing options for SQL Server 2019
SQL Server 2022 Preview is the most Azure-enabled release of SQL Server yet, with continued innovation in security, availability, and performance.
Get started with SQL Server 2022 Preview
SQL Server 2019 continues to push the boundaries of security, availability, and performance for all your data workloads, now with new compliance tools, higher performance on the latest hardware, and high availability on Windows, Linux and containers.
Get started with SQL Server 2019
SQL Server 2017 represents a major step towards making SQL Server a platform that gives you choices of development languages, data types, on-premises or cloud, and operating systems by bringing the power of SQL Server to Linux, Linux-based Docker containers, and Windows.
Get started with SQL Server 2017
SQL Server 2016 delivers breakthrough mission-critical capabilities with in-memory performance and operational analytics built-in. Comprehensive security features like new Always Encrypted technology help protect your data at rest and in motion.
Get started with SQL Server 2016