Private Trial Evaluations
Microsoft Virtual Hardware Lab KitEvaluations | 180 days
Microsoft Virtual Hardware Lab KitEvaluations | 180 days 5 | Last Visited:
This trial is for the Hardware Lab Kit audience.
Registration is required for this evaluation.
Click continue to begin your evaluation.Loading...
Your download has started. This download has multiple files.
If the download did not start automatically, click the button below.We're sorry. A technical error has been encountered, and we are unable to deliver the download to you. Our technical team is working on it now. Please try again later.You can only download this evaluation from a desktop computer.Please select your language:
The Microsoft Virtual Hardware Lab Kit (VHLK) is the entire Hardware Lab Kit pre-installed and pre-configured on a VHDX, ready to boot. Use the VHLK to save setup time, quickly stand up a controller, and run Windows Hardware Certification from a virtual machine. For more details, check out the VHLK Getting Started Guide.
- Ready to boot and use
- Run the HLK Controller as a virtual machine
- Host the HLK Controller virtual machine on developer machines instead of dedicated Controller hardware
Additional information on installs
Developers, please visit the Windows Blog for more details including important guidance related to using Windows 10, version 1903 as guest Virtual Machine (VM).
Microsoft Virtual Hardware Lab Kit | 64-bit VHDX
- Review the VHLK release notes, Getting Started Guide, and system requirements.
- Register, then download and boot the VHLK, which includes a 180-day trial of Windows Server 2016.
- Receive email with resources to guide you through your preview.
- Create a Gen-1 VM in Hyper-V to boot the VHLK as a virtual machine. Please see the Getting Started Guide for more information, supported scenarios, and a complete setup guide.
- If you wish to use the VHLK for more than 180 days, you will require a Windows Server 2016 license.
What is the Hardware Lab KitProduct Resources | Last Visited:What is the Hardware Lab KitProduct Resources
Windows Hardware Compatibility ProgramProduct Resources | Last Visited:Windows Hardware Compatibility ProgramProduct Resources
VHLK Getting Started GuideGetting Started Guides | Last Visited:VHLK Getting Started GuideGetting Started Guides