Windows 11 and Office 365 Deployment Lab Kit
The Windows 11 and Office 365 Deployment Lab Kit is designed to help you plan, test, and validate modern desktops running Windows 11 Enterprise and Microsoft 365 Enterprise apps, managed by Enterprise Mobility + Security.
The lab provides you with an automatically provisioned virtual lab environment, including domain-joined desktop clients, a domain controller, an internet gateway, and a fully configured Configuration Manager instance.
Get started for free
The lab consists of two components:
- A lab environment comprising currently available Microsoft evaluation software
- Lab guides including set up instructions and step-by-step guides covering a wide range of management and deployment scenarios
The lab contains the latest evaluation versions of the following products:
- Windows 11 Enterprise
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 11
- Windows Server 2022
The lab is also designed to be connected to trials for:
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Office 365 E5 with Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS)
Step-by-step lab guides
The labs provide step-by-step guidance for the following scenarios:
Plan and Prepare Infrastructure
- Cloud Management Gateway (CMG)
- Tenant Attach, Co-Management and Switching Workloads
- Endpoint Analytics
- Optimize Windows 11 Update Delivery
- Deploying Windows 11
- OS Deployment Task Sequences in Configuration Manager
- Windows Autopilot
Servicing Windows 11
- Servicing Windows 11 using Group Policy
- Servicing Windows 11 with Configuration Manager
Managing Windows 11
- Device Management for Windows 11 using Microsoft Intune
- Dynamic Management with Windows 11
Deploying Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Cloud Managed Deployment
- Locally Managed Deployment
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise Deployment on Non-AD Joined Devices
- Enterprise Managed Deployment using Configuration Manager
- Enterprise Managed Deployment using Microsoft Intune
- Servicing Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise using Configuration Manager
- Servicing Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise using Intune
- LOB Deployment and Management with Microsoft Intune
- Deploy Microsoft Teams
- Assignment Filters
Managing Microsoft Edge
- Deploy and Update Edge
- IE Mode
- Setup Enterprise New Tab Page
Security and Compliance
- Windows Defender Antivirus
- Windows Hello for Business
- Windows Defender Credential Guard
- Microsoft Defender Application Guard
- Windows Defender Exploit Guard
- Windows Defender Application Control
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- English (United States)
- The lab kit consists of two self-extracting zip files: the lab environment and the lab guides.
Carefully read the information below before you continue with the download.
The lab supports the 64-bit editions of Windows 10, Windows 11, and Windows Server 2016 which must be imported to set up a lab once Hyper-V is installed.
The Hyper-V Host on which the Windows 11 PoC Lab needs to be imported must meet the following minimum specifications:
- Hyper-V role installed
- Administrative rights on the device
- 150 GB of free disk space (300 GB recommended)
- High-throughput disk subsystem
- 16 GB of available memory (32 GB recommended)
- High-end processor for faster processing
Please use a broad bandwidth to download this content to enhance your downloading experience.
Things to Know
- This lab kit contains evaluation software that is designed for IT professionals interested in evaluating Windows 11 deployment and management products and tools on behalf of their organization. We do not recommend that you install this evaluation if you are not an IT professional or are not professionally managing corporate networks or devices.
- Additionally, the lab environment is intended for evaluation purposes only. It is a standalone virtual environment and should not be used or connected to your production environment.
- The Windows 11 VMs expire 90 days after the lab is provisioned. An updated lab kit with refreshed VMs will be published on or before November 5, 2022.
Product Website | Windows 11: Designed for hybrid work
Microsoft Docs | Windows technical documentation for developers and IT Pros
Community | Microsoft Tech Community: Windows
Product Resource | Windows 11 release health
Getting Started Guide | Quick guide to Windows as a service
Product Resource | What’s new in Windows
Windows 11 is designed for hybrid work. Best productivity and collaboration experiences that empower flexible work styles. Industry-leading security from chip to cloud, securing your corporate data, content, and apps on any device. Simplicity and lowest total cost of ownership, designed to streamline deployment and management for distributed workforces.
Get started with Windows 11 Enterprise
Windows 10 Enterprise is designed to address the needs of large and midsize organizations by providing IT professionals with advanced protection, flexible deployments, and comprehensive device and app management.
Get started with Windows 10 Enterprise