SQL Server 2016 with SP1Evaluations | 180 days | Last Visited:
SQL Server 2016 with SP1Evaluations | 180 days | Last Visited:
Registration is required for this evaluation.
Click continue to begin your evaluation.Loading...
Your download has started. This download has multiple files.
If the download did not start automatically, click the button below.We're sorry. A technical error has been encountered, and we are unable to deliver the download to you. Our technical team is working on it now. Please try again later.You can only download this evaluation from a desktop computer.Please select your language:
SQL Server 2016 is the biggest leap forward in Microsoft’s data platform history with faster transactions and queries, deeper insights on any device, advanced analytics, new security technology, and new hybrid cloud scenarios.
SQL Server 2016 delivers breakthrough mission-critical capabilities with in-memory performance and operational analytics built-in. Comprehensive security features like new Always Encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, and a world class high availability and disaster recovery solution adds new enhancements to AlwaysOn technology.
Organizations will gain deeper insights into all of their data with new capabilities that go beyond business intelligence to perform advanced analytics directly within their database and present rich visualizations for business insights on any device.
You can also gain the benefits of hyper-scale cloud with new hybrid scenarios enabled by new Stretch Database technology that lets you dynamically stretch your warm and cold transactional data to Microsoft Azure in a secured way so your data is always at hand for queries, no matter the size. In addition, SQL Server 2016 delivers a complete database platform for hybrid cloud, enabling you to easily build, deploy and manage solutions that span on-premises and cloud.
- Enhanced in-memory performance provide up to 30x faster transactions, more than 100x faster queries than disk based relational databases and real-time operational analytics
- New Always Encrypted technology helps protect your data at rest and in motion, on-premises and in the cloud, with master keys sitting with the application, without application changes
- Built-in advanced analytics– provide the scalability and performance benefits of building and running your advanced analytics algorithms directly in the core SQL Server transactional database
- Business insights through rich visualizations on mobile devices with native apps for Windows, iOS and Android
- Simplify management of relational and non-relational data with ability to query both through standard T-SQL using PolyBase technology
- Stretch Database technology keeps more of your customer’s historical data at your fingertips by transparently stretching your warm and cold OLTP data to Microsoft Azure in a secure manner without application changes
- Faster hybrid backups, high availability and disaster recovery scenarios to backup and restore your on-premises databases to Microsoft Azure and place your SQL Server AlwaysOn secondaries in Azure
SQL Server 2016 SP1 contains fixes to issues that have been reported through our customer feedback platforms and Hotfix solutions provided in SQL Server 2016 Cumulative Update 1 through Cumulative Update 3. Service Pack 1 also includes supportability and scalability enhancements, and addresses issues that have been reported through the Windows Error Reporting system.
The Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP1 Feature Pack is a collection of stand-alone packages which provide additional value for Microsoft SQL Server. It includes the latest version of:
- Tool and components for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP1
Add-on providers for Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP1
Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish
- Review SQL Server 2016 system requirements
- Review SQL Server release notes
- Register, then download and install full-featured software for a 180-day trial
- Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation
Note: You must have administrative rights on the computer to install SQL Server 2016.
Note: Selecting Download will download the SQL Server 2016 installer (SQLServer2016-SSEI-Eval.exe). After running the installer, it will provide you the options to perform an immediate ‘Basic’ installation of the SQL Engine, a full ‘Custom’ installation, or to download the media only.
If you select to download media only versus doing an installation, two media download formats are available to the folder of your choice:
SQL Server 2016 with SP1 DVD (ISO) Image: You can use the ISO image to Mount and/or burn your own DVD. After the SQL Server installer downloads SQLServer2016SP1-FullSlipstream-x64-<language>.iso:
- Right click on SQLServer2016SP1-FullSlipstream-x64-<language>.iso and select “Mount”. Locate and execute setup.exe on the mounted device to begin the installation.
- Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
SQL Server 2016 with SP1 CAB file: The SQL Server installer will download the following compressed files:
- SQLServer2016SP1- FullSlipstream-x64-<language>.exe
Once the download has completed, double click on SQLServer2016-x64-<language>.exe to begin the installation process.
SQL Server 2016 on Microsoft Azure:
For instructions on how to install SQL Server 2016 on Microsoft Azure, please go to the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services Page.
Key Notes About SQL Server 2016 :
- The Microsoft SQL Server 2016 release is available for testing purposes only and should NOT be installed and used in production environments.
- Side-by-Side installation with down-level production SQL Server instances as well as in-place upgrades of down-level production SQL Server instances, is supported for SQL Server 2008 and higher.
- If you have questions or concerns that come up during your testing and evaluation, we encourage you to use the MSDN forum for SQL Server 2016 to search for answers or ask new questions.
SQL Server 2016 DatasheetProduct Resources | 5 mins | Last Visited:SQL Server 2016 DatasheetProduct Resources | 5 mins | Last Visited:
SQL Server 2016 Announcement BlogCommunity | 5 mins | Last Visited:SQL Server 2016 Announcement BlogCommunity | 5 mins | Last Visited:
SQL Server 2016 Release NotesProduct Resources | 10 mins | Last Visited:SQL Server 2016 Release NotesProduct Resources | 10 mins | Last Visited:
MSDN Library: SQL ServerProduct Resources | Last Visited:MSDN Library: SQL ServerProduct Resources | Last Visited:
SQL Server CommunityCommunity | Last Visited:SQL Server CommunityCommunity | Last Visited:
SQL Server BlogCommunity | Last Visited:SQL Server BlogCommunity | Last Visited:
What's New in SQL Server 2016?Product Resources | 5 mins | Last Visited:What's New in SQL Server 2016?Product Resources | 5 mins | Last Visited:
SQL Server 2016 Virtual LabsVirtual Labs | 2 hrs | Last Visited:SQL Server 2016 Virtual LabsVirtual Labs | 2 hrs | Last Visited:
SQL Server 2016 System RequirementsProduct Resources | 10 mins | Last Visited:SQL Server 2016 System RequirementsProduct Resources | 10 mins | Last Visited:
SQL Server 2016 Books On-lineProduct Resources | Last Visited:SQL Server 2016 Books On-lineProduct Resources | Last Visited:
Microsoft Virtual AcademyMVA Courses and Learning | 5 mins | Last Visited:Microsoft Virtual AcademyMVA Courses and Learning | 5 mins | Last Visited: