Our mission as a company is to empower every person on the planet to achieve more. We deliver on that mission through products that achieve the highest marks in the industry, which we believe is inclusive of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant. We have been on a journey for the last several years working hard to offer our customers leading endpoint protection so they can defend against increasingly sophisticated attacks across a variety of devices, which is why we are so proud to have placed in the Leaders quadrant for this year’s 2019 Gartner EPP Magic Quadrant and positioned highest in execution!
According to Gartner, “Leaders demonstrate balanced and consistent progress and effort in all execution and vision categories. They have broad capabilities in advanced malware protection, and proven management capabilities for large enterprise accounts.” Our latest product offerings prove that we’ve risen to the challenge that today’s threat landscape presents. This achievement represents our ability to provide best-in-class protection and deliver on innovations that learn and evolve just as attackers change their tactics.
According to Gartner, “An endpoint protection platform (EPP) is a solution deployed on endpoint devices to prevent file-based malware, malicious scripts and memory-based threats. It is also deployed to detect and block malicious activity from trusted and untrusted applications, and to provide the investigation and remediation capabilities needed to dynamically respond to security incidents and alerts”.
Over the last years we continuously evolved our endpoint security platform, Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), by further enhancing existing features and by adding new and innovative capabilities, including:
- Multi-layered protection: Microsoft Defender ATP provides multi-layered protection (built into the endpoint and cloud-powered) from file-based malware, malicious scripts, memory-based attacks, and other advanced threats
- Threat Analytics: Contextual threat reports provide SecOps with near real-time visibility on how threats impact their organizations
- A new approach to Threat and Vulnerability Management: Real-time discovery, prioritization based-on business context and dynamic threat landscape, and built-in remediation process speed up mitigation of vulnerabilities and misconfiguration
- Built-in, cloud-powered protections: Real-time threat detection and protection with built-in advanced capabilities protect against broad-scale and targeted attacks like phishing and malware campaigns
- Behavioral detections: Endpoint detection and response (EDR) sensor built into Windows 10 for deeper insights of kernel and memory, and leveraging broad reputation data for files, IPs, URLs, etc., derived from the rich portfolio of Microsoft security services
- “Deployment” is as easy as it gets by being built directly into the operating system. There is no agent to deploy, no delays or compatibility issues, and no additional performance overhead or conflicts with other products. No deployment and no on-premises infrastructure directly leads to lower TCO.
- Contain the threat: Dramatically reduces the risk by strengthening your defenses when potential threats are detected. Microsoft Defender ATP can automatically apply Conditional access to restrict the endpoint from accessing corporate data until the threat was remediated.
- Automated security: From alerts to remediation in minutes – at scale. Microsoft Defender ATP leverages AI to automatically investigate alerts, determine if a threat is active, what course of action to take, and then remediate complex threats in minutes.
- Secure Score: Watch your security score rise in the Microsoft Defender Security Center as you implement automated and recommended actions to protect both users and data. Microsoft Defender ATP not only tells you that you have a problem, but Microsoft Defender ATP also recommends how to solve it (and track the execution) with Secure Score. Vulnerability and configuration information provide weighted recommendations and actions to improve endpoint hardening and compare the current posture with the industry and global peers for benchmarking.
- Microsoft Threat Experts: Microsoft has your back — with Microsoft’s managed detection and response (MDR) service (called Microsoft Threat Experts), Microsoft supports customers’ incident response and alert analysis. Our automated threat hunting service helps ensure that potential threats don’t go unnoticed.
Download this complimentary full report and read the analysis behind Microsoft’s positioning as a “Leader”. As we continue on this journey and add even more capabilities to protect, detect and respond to this evolving threat landscape, we welcome our customer’s feedback and partnership so we can continue to deliver best-in-class protection.
For more information about our endpoint protection platform, or to sign up for a trial visit our Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) page.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms, Peter Firstbrook, Dionisio Zumerle, Prateek Bhajanka, Lawrence Pingree, Paul Webber, 20 August 2019.
Gartner Competitive Landscape: Endpoint Protection Platforms, Worldwide, 2019, Lawrence Pingree, 20 May 2019.
This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from http://www.gartner.com/reprints/?id=1-1OCBC1P5&ct=190731&st=sb.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.