Windows Server 2022
In addition to your trial experience of Windows Server 2022, you can more easily add and manage languages and Features on Demand with the new Languages and Optional Features ISO. Download this ISO.
This ISO is only available on Windows Server 2022 and combines the previously separate Features on Demand and Language Packs ISOs, and can be used as a FOD and Language pack repository. To learn about Features on Demand, see Features on Demand. To learn about adding languages, see Add Languages.
Get started for free
Please select your evaluation experience:
Windows Server 2022 introduces advanced multi-layer security, hybrid capabilities with Azure, and a flexible application platform. As part of this release, we are bringing secured-core capabilities to help protect hardware, firmware, and Windows Server OS capabilities against advanced security threats. Secured-core server builds on technologies such as Windows Defender System Guard and Virtualization-based Security to minimize risk from firmware vulnerabilities and advanced malware. The new release also provides secured connectivity that introduces several new capabilities such as faster and more secure encrypted HTTPS connections, industry standard SMB AES 256 encryption and more.
Windows Server 2022 improves hybrid server management with significantly improved VM management, an enhanced event viewer, and many more new capabilities in Windows Admin Center. Furthermore, this release includes significant improvements to Windows containers, such as smaller image sizes for faster download, simplified network policy implementation and containerization tools for .NET applications.
For more details, read about Windows Server 2022.
Ways to try Windows Server:
In addition to downloading the ISO, you can also try the new features through the following ways:
- Try it in Azure: Azure provides a great way to test Windows Server 2022 with pre-built images.
Choose an edition and an installation option:
Customers who download the full ISO will need to choose an edition and an installation option. This ISO evaluation is for the Datacenter and Standard editions. The Datacenter edition is the most complete edition and includes the new Datacenter-specific features (Shielded Virtual Machines, Storage Spaces Direct, and Software-Defined Networking) in addition to unlimited server virtualization.
- Server Core: This is the recommended installation option. It’s a smaller installation that includes the core components of Windows Server and supports all server roles but does not include a local graphical user interface (GUI). It is used for “headless” deployments which are managed remotely through Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, or other server management tools.
- Server with Desktop Experience: This is the complete installation and includes a full GUI for customers who prefer this option.
When you complete your evaluation, you can convert your evaluation versions to retail.
- Chinese (Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Windows Server 2022 on Microsoft Azure
- Windows Server 2022 | 64-bit ISO
- Windows Server 2022 | 64-bit VHD
- Review Windows Server 2022 release notes and system requirements.
- Register, then download and install. (Note: This evaluation edition expires in 180 days.)
- Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation.
After installation, install the latest servicing package.
- Go to: Microsoft update catalog and search for "Windows Server 2022”.
- Evaluation versions of Windows Server must activate over the internet in the first 10 days to avoid automatic shutdown.
Product Website | Windows Server solutions across on-premises and cloud
Microsoft Docs | Windows Server technical documentation
Community | Microsoft Tech Community: Windows Server
Getting Started Guide | Get started with Windows Server
Learning Path | Windows Server deployment, configuration, and administration
Datasheet | Download the Windows Server 2022 solution brief
How to Buy | Pricing and licensing for Windows Server
Windows Server is the platform for building an infrastructure of connected applications, networks, and web services, from the workgroup to the data center. It bridges on-premises environments with Azure, adding additional layers of security while helping you modernize your applications and infrastructure.
Get started with Windows Server: 2022 | 2019 | 2016 | 2012 R2
Windows Server Essentials edition is a cloud-connected first server designed for small businesses with up to 25 users and 50 devices. If you are considering installing any version of Windows Server Essentials, we would encourage you to consider Microsoft 365.
Get started with Windows Server Essentials: 2019 | 2016 | 2012 R2
Learn more about Microsoft 365 for business
Hyper-V Server provides a simple and reliable virtualization solution to help organizations improve their server utilization and reduce costs. The latest release of Hyper-V Server provides new and enhanced features that can help you deliver the scale and performance needs of your mission-critical workloads.
Get started with Hyper-V Server: 2019 | 2016 | 2012 R2 | 2012
Windows Admin Center is a locally deployed, browser-based app for managing Windows servers, clusters, hyper-converged infrastructure, as well as Windows 10 PCs. Giving you full control over all aspects of your server infrastructure, Windows Admin Center is particularly useful for managing servers on private networks that are not connected to the Internet.
Get started with Windows Admin Center