Dr. Lei Cui is a researcher in Natural Language Computing (NLC) group at Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing, China. Lei joined MSR Asia in Jan 2015 after he received his Ph.D. degree from the department of Computer Science at Harbin Institute of Technology.
Lei’s research interests include natural language processing, machine learning, machine translation, information extraction, text generation, question answering, dialog system and etc. He is currently working on question answering, dialog system as well as information extraction and text generation.
Lei has been working in MSR Asia for 10+ years starting from Dec 2007. He worked on several products and research projects, such as Office, XiaoIce, Bing Translator (http://www.bing.com/translator), Bing Dictionary (http://www.bing.com/dict), Microsoft Couplet (http://duilian.msra.cn), Speech-to-Speech translation engine for Skype Translator, Microsoft Sign Language Translation and etc. He published more than 10 research papers in top conferences of AI and NLP areas, such as ACL, AAAI, IJCAI, EMNLP, COLING and etc. Besides, he also served as the reviewer for ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, COLING and etc. During his Ph.D. study, he won the 2011 Microsoft Fellowship Award and the 2014 IBM Fellowship Award.
Intern students I mentored:
- Shan Yang (Master student from Tsinghua University)
- Tao Ge (Ph.D. student from Peking University)
- Yukun Zhao (Master student from Shandong University)
- Chaoqun Duan (Ph.D. student from Harbin Institute of Technology)
- Qingfu Zhu (Ph.D. student from Harbin Institute of Technology)
- Xiang Deng (Under-graduate student from University of Science and Technology of China)
- Hangbo Bao (Ph.D. student from Harbin Institute of Technology)
- Shuming Ma (Master student from Peking University)
- Minghao Li (Under-graduate student from Beihang University)