I am a principal researcher at Microsoft Research Redmond. I got my Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, from Carnegie Mellon University in 2005. I got my Bachelor degree from the Computer Science and Engineering Department, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Bangladesh in 1998.
My current research interest is developing practical tools for configuring, testing, debugging, and monitoring cloud applications.
Awards and Honors
- Efficient and Scalable Thread-Safety Violation Detection — Finding thousands of concurrency bugs during testing, by Guangpu Li, Shan Lu, Madanlal Musuvathi, Suman Nath, Rohan Padhye
Best Paper Award in ACM SOSP 2019
- Mercury: A Memory-Constrained Spatio-temporal Real-time Search on Microblogs, by A. Magdy, M. Mokbel, S. Elnikety, S. Nath, and Y. He,
Selected for a special TKDE issue for the best papers in ICDE’14
- ACE: Exploiting Correlation for Energy-Efficient and Continuous Context Sensing, by S. Nath,
Best Paper Award in MobiSys’12
- FAST: A Generic Framework for Flash-Aware Spatial Trees, by M. Sarwat, M. Mokbel, X. Zhou, and S. Nath
Best Paper Award in SSTD’11
- COLR-Tree: Communication Efficient Spatio-Temporal Index for a Sensor Data Web Portal, by Y. Ahmad and S. Nath
Best Paper Award in ICDE’08
- Online Maintenance of Very Large Random Samples on Flash Storage, by S. Nath and P.B. Gibbons.
Selected for a special journal issue for the best papers in VLDB ’08
- Availability of Multi-Object Operations, by H. Yu, P.B. Gibbons and S.K. Nath.
Co-winner of the best paper award for NSDI ’06
- A Distributed Filtering Architecture for Multimedia Sensors, S. Nath, Y. Ke, P. B. Gibbons, B. Karp, and S. Seshan
Best Paper Award in BaseNets’04