I am a Researcher at Microsoft Research , where I do research in areas of computer vision, machine learning and robotics. Previously I have worked for almost one and half year as a Research Scientist at Intel Visual Computing Lab in Santa Clara, California. Before Intel I was a Postdoctoral Reseacher at Stanford University in Vladlen Koltun’s lab. I have been also very fortunate to spend almost five years in Oxford where I was a PhD student and a post-doc researcher in Phil Torr’s research group.
I am interested in developing algorithms for visual perception and sensorimotor control with the goal to reconstruction, recognize and act in any environment. Much of my current work involves exploring deep learning based architectures in real and simulated/game world to solve the perception and control problems. Broadly I am interested in computer vision, machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence.
- August 13, 2018: Joined Microsoft Research in Redmond.
- February 6, 2017: Started working at FiveAI.
- September 12, 2016: Media coverage of playing games for data: MIT Technology Review.
- June 24, 2016: Paper on generating data by playing games accepted to ECCV-16.
- March 16, 2016: Two papers accepted to CVPR-16.
- September 14, 2015: I joined Intel Visual Computing Lab.
- September 12, 2015: My PhD thesis was awarded with the prestigious BMVA Sullivan Thesis Prize for 2015. The prize is considered for award, on an annual basis, to the best doctoral thesis submitted to a UK University, in the field of computer or natural vision.
- July 2, 2015: Media coverage of SemanticPaint paper: gizmodo.com , popularmechanics , fastcodesign.com , softpedia.com , winbeta.org , engadget.com
- June 30, 2015: Semantic Paint paper for new interactive approach to 3D scene understanding accepted to ACM Transaction of Graphics (TOG).
- June 29, 2015: Media coverage of CRF and CNN paper: Play a fun game , Reddit , Desarrollan un sistema de reconocimiento de objetos en fotografÃ
- June 29, 2015: One paper accepted to IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS).
- June 20, 2015: I received IET Vision and Imaging PhD thesis award.
- May 25, 2015: ICRA paper was one of the finalist in the Best Robotic Vision Paper Award, IEEE Robotics and Automatic Conference (ICRA).
- May 2015: Recent work (CRF as RNN arXiv:1502.03240) setting a new state-of-art in semantic image segmentation on the PASCAL VOC 2010-2012 benchmarks. 2015.
- April 20, 2015: Semantic Paint Brush paper presented at ACM CHI conference.
- February 12, 2015: One paper submitted to arxiv on combining CRF and CNN.
- January 24, 2015: Started working as a postdoctoral researchers at Stanford University.
- January 31, 2015: One paper accepted to ICRA on large scale semantic scene reconstruction.