Please select your SQL Server 2016 download
Try SQL Server on Azure
- Review SQL Server 2016 system requirements and release notes
- Register, then download and install full-featured software for a 180-day trial
- Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation
Note: You must have administrative rights on the computer to install SQL Server 2016.
After downloading and running the installer, you may perform an immediate Basic installation of the SQL Engine, a full Custom installation, or download the media only. If you select to download media only versus doing an installation, two media download formats are available to the folder of your choice:
SQL Server 2016 with SP2 DVD (ISO) Image
You can use the ISO image to Mount and/or burn your own DVD. After the SQL Server installer downloads SQLServer2016SP2-FullSlipstream-x64-<language>.iso:
- Right click on SQLServer2016SP2-FullSlipstream-x64-<language>.iso and select “Mount”. Locate and execute setup.exe on the mounted device to begin the installation.
- Using your DVD-burning software, select the options to burn a DVD from an .ISO image. After burning the DVD, locate and double-click Setup.exe on the DVD to begin the installation.
SQL Server 2016 with SP2 CAB file
The installer will download the following compressed files. Once the download has completed, double click on SQLServer2016-x64-<language>.exe to begin the installation process.
- SQLServer2016SP2- FullSlipstream-x64-<language>.exe
SQL Server on Azure: Create and launch your own Azure SQL solution