I received my Ph.D. in computer science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University in 2011 (through the SJTU-MSRA joint PhD program), M.S. degree in computer science from Tsinghua University in 2001, and B.S. degrees in mechanical engineering and computer science from University of Science and Technology of China in 1998.
I joined Wireless and Networking Group, Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), in July 2001. I moved to System Research Group, MSRA, in September 2015. My research interests are mobile systems and networking, with recent focus on power management, security and privacy, and human sensing. Myresearch work has been published in top conferences and journals such as MobiSys, MobiCom, NSDI, CCS, ToN, and TMC; transferred into multiple Microsoft products including Visual Studio, XBOX XDK, and Windows Phone; and featured in news media such as ABC News, The Register, NetworkWorld, and many others. I am a senior member of the IEEE and a member of the ACM.
- 2016-12, our paper “AppHolmes: Detecting and Characterizing App Collusion among Third-Party Android Markets” was accepted to WWW 2017.
- TPC member of APNet 2017
- TPC member of INFOCOM 2017 (Advisory)
- TPC member of INFOCOM 2016 (Advisory), APSys 2016, VLCS 2016; Workshop co-chair of MobiSys 2016
- TPC member of MobiSys 2015, HotPower 2015, IEEE MS 2015 (MS-EMCC special track co-chair), Mobidata 2015, HotPower 2015
- TPC member of WCSP 2014
- TPC member of HotPower 2013 (co-located with SOSP 2013), IEEE MASS 2013
- TPC member of CCNC 2011
- TPC member of IWCMC 2010
- TPC member of APCC 2009 NCS, SN 2009 (at ICCCN 2009)
- TPC member of SN 2008 (at ICCCN 2008), IWCMC 2008
- TPC member of IWCMC 2007
13 US patents granted: 9247495, 9069766, 8386614, 8364816, 8261361, 8180887, 7792924, 7783702, 7630997, 7626931, 7339899, 7411908, 7433814.
- Best Demo Award, MobiCom 2015.
- Best Paper Award, PhoneSense Workshop, 2011
- Tech Transfer Award (to Visual Studio 2010), 2010
- MSRA “Tech Transfer of Year” Award, 2008
- Ship-It Award for “Games for Windows LiVE”, 2008
- Ship-It Award for “XNA – DirectX SDK and Xbox XDK”, 2008
- MSRA “Demo of Year” Award, 2006