We have been busy making plans to grow our Residency program and relaunch in the UK and US for the 2022 program year. Thanks for your patience during this time. Please check our program page in July of 2021 for more details on timelines and the application process.
Gain new AI skills and experience while tackling real-world challenges
In September 2018 we welcomed our first cohort of residents into the program and are excited about the future impact on the fields of AI and machine learning. While the second class of residents are currently here and learning new skills we are eager to meet our 2020/2021 class!
Through our Microsoft AI Residency program you will have the opportunity to work alongside prominent researchers and engineers in either Redmond, WA, or Cambridge, UK. You will build your skills and get hands-on experience working on practical AI and machine learning problems that help tackle some of society’s toughest challenges.
We are searching for a diverse range of researchers, engineers, and applied scientists with unique perspectives, including candidates who may not have a traditional background in AI, but who are passionate about working on AI technologies to solve real-world challenges.
In this year-long program, selected residents will:
- Gain real-world, hands-on industry experience while working with Microsoft researchers, engineers, and product teams.
- Learn how to develop and deploy AI techniques and solutions at scale across a range of areas such as healthcare, scientific discovery, productivity, and gaming.
- Benefit from a rich program of training and mentorship.
- Be part of a vibrant AI and machine learning community in Cambridge, UK, or Redmond, WA.
- Receive competitive compensation and be encouraged to apply for a regular position at Microsoft at the end the residency program.
We look forward to working with candidates that can carry the work forward into the future.
- BSc, MSc, and PhD graduates with substantial coursework in, but not limited to: computer science, electrical engineering, data science, mathematics, physics, economics, human-computer interaction, and computational biology.
- Experience developing in at least one high-level language such as Python or C/C++/C#.
- Experience with machine learning techniques or deep learning frameworks is desirable.
- Enthusiasm to move into the field is essential.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
- Strong communication skills.