The submission portal for RL Open-Source Fest 2023 is now closed.
How to submit a proposal
The below outlines the information necessary to submit your proposal in our submission portal. Acceptance notifications will be sent on April 24, 2023.
You will be asked to fill out the following questions:
- Are you currently enrolled in an accredited university or college? (Please note, proof of enrollment will be required)
- Select your country of residence
- Upload your resume or a document containing a list of classes completed to date
- Upload existing or past personal projects you’ve worked on or open-source projects to which you’ve contributed
- Choose your preferred project from the list of Open-Source Projects (opens in new tab)
- Upload your proposal for the selected Open-Source Project. Include why you want to work on this problem specifically. Provide a rough outline of how you plan to execute on the project selected. This should include a week-by-week plan of what you’d need to learn and the challenges you foresee.
- Complete a pre-screening exercise according to the requirements of your selected project.
Important information pertaining to your proposal:
- Proposals submitted to Microsoft will not be returned. Microsoft cannot assume responsibility for the confidentiality of information submitted in the proposal. Therefore, proposals should not contain information that is confidential, restricted, or sensitive.
- Incomplete proposals will not be considered.
- Due to the volume of submissions, Microsoft Research cannot provide individual feedback on proposals.