I am a Researcher at Microsoft Research (MSR) India. Prior to this, I was a Post-doc in MSR India and obtained my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Delft University of Technology (TUDelft) in The Netherlands.
My research interests lie at the intersection of Systems and Technology for Emerging Markets broadly in the areas of AI, IoT, and Edge Computing. I’m particularly interested in building affordable, reliable, and scalable IoT devices to address societal challenges. To this end, at MSR I am currently working on numerous projects, please see more details at AI and IoT systems for Society. Please visit my projects and publications page for more details.
- 11/2021: BuildSys 2021 Best Paper Award for our work on detecting faults in PIR Sensors.
- 11/2021: SenSys workshop AIChallengeIoT Best Paper Award for our work on solar panel fault detection using EL images.
- 11/2021: Check out the recent development on verified Telemetry in this blog post: Solving Sensor Data Quality with Verified Telemetry
- 09/2021: Invited to serve in TPC for IPSN, IoTDI, COMPASS 2022, please submit your best work!
- 06/2021: Our adaptive streaming work was awarded honorable mention in CVPR Autonomous Driving workshop 2021.
- 06/2021: Check out our Podcast and IoT Show where we talk about Dependable IoT/Verified Telemetry and the cool exciting research happening at Microsoft Research India!
- 06/2021: Exciting to see our research work translated into Microsoft Azure IoT offering – Verified Telemetry. It is now in Public Preview check out the SDK and samples on GitHub.
- 05/2021: Thrilled that our work on detecting and quantifying drifts in smoke detectors has been accepted to ACM MobiSys 2021 [Teaser].
- 03/2021: Our work on fault and drift detection using current signatures is accepted in ACM IoTDI 2021.
- 01/2021: Invited to serve in TPC for SenSys 2021.
- 12/2020: Invited to serve in TPC for MobiSys 2021.
- 11/2020: Our work on PM2.5 sensor fault detection was presented in SenSys 2020 [Teaser] [Video].
- 09/2020: Invited to serve in the PC for IoTDI 2021.
- 09/2020: Our work on monitoring driver state in low-light is accepted in UBICOMP 2020.
- 08/2020: Invited to serve in TPC for IPSN 2021, please consider submitting your work.
- 07/2020: Invited to serve as PhD forum chair for EWSN 2021.
- 04/2020: Our work on IoT device identification (IoT-ID) is accepted in ACM IoTDI 2020.
- 03/2020: Invited to serve in TPC for SenSys 2020.
- 02/2020: Satya pitches HAMS in his keynote during his visit to India.
Internship (3-6months): I’m always on the lookout for bright students with strong, hands-on experience in IoT, ML, and Computer vision. Please email your CV directly if you are interested.