- PhD in Media Technology, 2014, Department of Media Technology, School of Science, Aalto University, Finland. Thesis, “Enabling technologies for audio augmented reality systems.”
- Diploma Engineer in Electrical Engineering / Sound Engineering, 2010, University of Technology and University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz, Austria. Thesis, “Audio augmented reality in telecommunication.”
I mainly work on projects related to spatial sound, including the sound rendering engine in Microsoft’s mixed reality device, the HoloLens (https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us).
My research interests include: Audio augmented reality and mobile computing, Analysis and synthesis of spatial sound, Acoustical tracking, Acoustic perception and psychoacoustics.
Research and Employment History
- Researcher, Microsoft Research Labs, Redmond, US, 2014-present.
- Research Assistant, Virtual Acoustics Group, Aalto University, Finland, 2009-2013.
- Visiting Scholar, Human Interface Technology Laboratory, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2012.
- Research Intern, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland, 2008.