AI for Good Idea Challenge
Code for good to build a more sustainable and accessible world.
About the challenge
The idea challenge is for developers, students, and data scientists to use AI to tackle some of society’s greatest obstacles. The submission period closed June 26. Winners will be announced within 14 days of the contest end date. Review terms and conditions for 2019.
Advance environmental sustainability
- Efficiently monitor the health of farms in real time.
- Accelerate the discovery, monitoring, and protection of biodiversity across our planet.
- Give people more accurate climate predictions to help reduce the potential impacts.
- Model Earth's water supply to help us conserve and protect fresh water.
Empower people with disabilities
- Help people develop professional skills and influence workplace culture and inclusive hiring.
- Use AI for hearing, seeing, and reasoning with increased accuracy to help people with everyday tasks.
- Create possibilities for all people regardless of how they listen, speak, or write to have equal access to information and opportunities.
Your ideas are judged by three parameters:
- 50% - originality of impact
- 20% - solutions feasibility
- 30% - complexity to implement
The top three ideas will win great prizes and a chance to present their ideas on our AI lab website.
$10,000 Azure credits + Microsoft 13.5" Surface Book 2 Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook.
$5000 Azure credits + Nvidia GPU Quadro K6000 graphics card with 12GB memory.
$2,500 Azure credits + Xbox One.
Angel Eyes is an IOT device that monitors a baby’s sleeping position and environment. Caregivers can view a live stream from anywhere and receive notifications if the device detects any issues.
Clean Water AI
Clean Water AI uses deep learning to detect dangerous bacteria and particles in water. The device analyzes drinking water with real-time detection and contamination mapping.
PoseTracker uses deep learning to track the position and orientation of objects. This solution will use your phone camera to measure and track the angle, orientation, and distance of an item in real time.